Formula to add or remove workdays

Hi, I’m trying to find a way to calculate a date forward or backward in workdays based on a start date.

So far, I found a lot of ways to calculate for the future in the ohers topics, but none in the past that actually works (except using dependencies which is not simple to understand for basic users)

I will use the General Caster after so I can use that date as a due date and sends notifications.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dominic

@dperrier,

As I understand it, General Caster uses a slightly modified version of MS Excel formulas.
If you want to create a monday formula separately, that is a completely different question.

For GC it would be something like: WORKDAY({item.date},{item.shift_days})

Welcome to the monday.com Community, Dominic!

At this time, we do not have a formula or automation function that will subtract or add workdays from a specific date (although I definitely see why this would be useful).

While we do not have the internal capabilities to achieve this at this time, something you can always try instead would be to use one of our 3rd party platform integrations to build your own automation:

Otherwise, if you are comfortable coding or have access to any developers, you can build your own automation using our API:

If you need help building custom integrations, we also have an option for paid assistance through our network of certified monday.com partners. If this interests you, simply fill out this form and someone will be in touch shortly!

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Jenna