Edit Group & Subitem Terminology

I love the feature on boards that allows owners to “Edit Item Terminology.” Please add the ability to change the terminology for groups and for subitems. Just as you are able to change the terminology for items on the board, you should be able to do so for groups and for subitems.

For example, I have a board measuring objectives and key results. The “Group” is the “Objective,” each “Item” is a “Key Result,” and each “Subitem” is a “Step.”

Board item terminology is not implemented consistantly:
after renaming Items to Contacts, contextual menu should change, eg Select Contact
There should be a possibility to also change terminology for subitems. ie. Contacts —> Assistant

1 Like

Please add the ability to change the item terminology for subitems. Just as you are able to change the terminology for items on the board, you should be able to do so for subitems. For example, it would be helpful if I could change the terminology to say “Vendors” here. But “Subitem” is the only option. Thank you.

Capture2

2 Likes

I totally agree. I use sub items to list prospective buyers (enquirers) of vintage cars that we sell. Makes no sense to not be able to change the terminology to “Enquirer” - especiallly as sub items are labelled (by default) as “Tasks” in Kanban cards.

1 Like

@BiancaT @Julietteb Could this feature request please be merged with this very similar request to accurately tally the interest/votes?

2 Likes

Absolutely! Thank you for flagging :pray:

2 Likes

It would be nice to be able to set the subitem terminology like you can set the item terminology on the parent board.

Right now all subitems are under “Subitems”. In this example it would be nice to call them “Addresses”

2 Likes

Ohh yes! Subitem is very “techy”, so it would give a lot of flexibility if it was possible to rename.

4 Likes

This makes a lot of sense. I guess it was just an oversight when Subitems were implemented.

However, being able to customise the Item terminology goes a long way to facilitating user buy-in;
It logically follows that we should be able to also set the terminology for Subitems.

I’d like to see the option to set it the same as the Item terminology (ie. using a checkbox) as a default, but then be able to set it to any value as per the current Item options.

Let’s hope that it doesn’t take a whole year to have this available.

2 Likes

Whether or not you can copy terminology from items I can live without but regardless I’d love to be able to rename subitems to something else. There are so many use cases of item names and subitems names to keep your hierarchal flow but you loose that without the ability to name the subitems.

3 Likes

Would definitely love to be able to rename the Sub Item Column Title to make it more meaningful

Well, there goes hope… haha.

1 Like

Waiting for the update featuring SubItem terminology.

Yes!! Please allow this feature