I’m using the email automation on boards : when I click on a button, it’s sending an email to board subscribers. Several problems with this automation
- It’s sending an email per person, 10 board subscribers means 10 emails !
- There is no way to do basic personnalisation to the email (bold letters, list items…)
What I would like is to send a “normal” email to my client with other people in CC. Is there a way to do that? I’ve read topics on the subject but no answers to the problem.
Thanks in advance!
Thank you for reaching out regarding the email automation on boards. I understand that you’re experiencing a few issues with this feature. Let’s address each concern:
- Multiple Emails: By default, the email automation on boards sends separate emails to each board subscriber. This ensures that each subscriber receives their own personalized copy of the email. However, I understand that in your case, you would prefer to send a single email to your client with other people in CC. Unfortunately, with the built-in email automation, there is no direct way to achieve this.
- Lack of Basic Personalization: Currently, the email automation feature on boards does not offer extensive customization options such as bold letters or list items. The available customization options are limited to the email’s subject, content, and attachments.
To address your specific requirement of sending a “normal” email to your client with other people in CC, you might need a more advanced solution. Our team specializes in custom monday.com integration and development services, and we can create a tailored solution to meet your specific needs. This custom solution could involve integrating with an external email service provider or developing a custom automation workflow within monday.com to achieve the desired outcome.
Please let us know if you’d like to explore the custom integration and development option further. We’re here to assist you and find the best solution to meet your requirements.
You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I believe custom solution will have a cost and my organization can’t put more money in Monday for the moment. Does this feature (adding CC) will become available someday? I believe it’s an important option with the email automation and the new button column…
And my only solution today is to send the email to all Board Subcribers (to be able to select several recipients.
BUT that adds another problem :
- I use a workspace intended for a team (6 people).
- I use sharable boards because people outside the organization must be able to access the boards
- The boards are used by 1 to 2 people of this team but each person can be brought one day or the other to use them. It is therefore necessary to keep access to all the boards of the workspace to the users registered.
- However, the modification of a main board in shared board means privatization of the board to the subscribers only. So the whole team can no longer see all the boards. So I have to go over each board to add the team!!
- In the end, all team members will receive the email automation since everyone will be in the subscribers of each table.
It’s ridiculous isn’t it?