Few newbie questions about formulas

There are few things I’m trying to do in my first board and I cannot seem to find how.

1. Using global variables in formulas, so multiple formulas across different columns and rows will use the same predefined value
  2. AND/BETWEEN clause in conditional formatting
  3. Format formulas result as $ or %, only way that I found was using TEXT() but then it’s not a number anymore

@yoavgal

1. There is not exactly anything that is a “global” variable. The best way to do this that I have found is to define another formula column. Then put the desired value there.
  2. Not sure what you mean hear. Can you give more details?
  3. Make sure that the column summary is visible. Click on it. Set the formatting. The column summary can now be hidden, if desired.

Jim - Subscribe to The Monday Man
Watch Our Latest Video: The Power of the Right-Click

Thanks much Jim!
Used your advise for #1 and #3

As for #2 I want the conditional formatting to be, for an example:
If column a is between 80 and 100 I want it Yellow. I guess I can workaround with a formula column that uses IF statement, just wondered if there’s a way to do it straight forward.

@yoavgal

Got it…

The simplest way to get there is to basically define a color for all values. The last condition that matches is the one that is used. So, the following would be one way to do this:

1. Blue “a” > -99999999
  2. Yellow “a” >= 80
  3. Blue “a” > 100

Jim - Subscribe to The Monday Man
Watch Our Latest Video: The Power of the Right-Click

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.