Filtering dropdown list for each status

Hello community,

I don’t know if this feature is on the roadmap or allready been asked by others.

it would be great to have the option to filter a dropdown list according to a specific chosen status. I’ll try to clarify what I mean:
Let’s say I have a dropdown list which contains 60 values, but not all these values are relevant to a specific chosen status. If I choose status A and only values 3, 10 and 20 in the the dropdown list are relevant to that status, it will be great if I could open the dropdown list and see only the relevant values to choose from.
To the next level, it will be even more awesome if when somone outside my organization is filling a form she or he will be able to see only relevant values in the dropdown list according to the status chosen in previous question.

Thank you :slight_smile:
Oz

This is an incredibly common scenario in many platforms and would be a highly useful feature for my organizations use-cases.

In terms of web application design in general, this is an incredibly common design pattern and most often takes the form of: A selection is made in column/dropdown #1 which causes column/dropdown #2 to auto-filter to the appropriate values.

When this is modeled in most ERDs it’s done as two tables with a PK from “entity #1” being leveraged as a FK in “entity #2