Setting a specific dropdown list for each status

Hello community,
Is it possible to filter a dropdown list according to a specific chosen status? I’ll try to clarify what I mean:
Let’s say I have a dropdown list which contains 40 items, but not all these items are relevant to a specific chosen status. If I choose status A and only items 3, 10 and 20 in the the dropdown list are relevant to that status, it will be great if I could open the dropdown list and see only the relevant items to chose from.
To the next level, it will be even more awesome if when somone outside my organization is filling a form she or he will be able to chose dropdown list items that only relevant to them.

Thank you :slight_smile:
Oz

Hi @Ozi :wave:

Thanks so much for writing in to us with this.

Currently we don’t have the ability to restrict the dropdown options when a particular status has been selected.
That said, I can absolutely see how this would be useful for yourself and other teams, so I would highly recommend opening a thread in our Feature Request section.
Here other users who would also like this added to the platform will be able to upvote the feature!
You can find this here: Submit an Idea - monday Community Forum

In regards to the forms, we are currently testing out a new feature that will allow you to built conditional forms. This will allow you to create forms that will filter down the available options for questions based on selections in the previous questions. It sounds like this might be what you’re looking for to use with people outside of your organisation!

This is something we are currently still testing, but stay tuned for this :partying_face:

Best,
Dani

2 Likes

Dani,

Thank you so much for your reply.
I’ll stay tuned for sure :+1:

Oz

@Dani Same functionality I am looking for