Filtering Workloads by person, teams

Nice! Thanks for boosting Mariah! We need this feature for sure.

It only makes sense. You don’t go into a search field in digital experiences in 2023 and have to manually selects categories. If anything you should check box what you exclude.

Let’s get this feature Monday!

Just read this thread and this is something my company is struggling with as well. We are a large international IT team with lots of sub teams working on various projects across multiple boards. So the dashboard is the tool to pull it all together for managers to review.

The key issue which has already been highlighted is, filtering is showing more people then you have filtered.

In my example I have two members of staff assigned to a subitem (employee A and B) as they are working on it together. When filtering on employee A all their tasks come through, however any that have employee B assigned to it as well also come through. This means I see all of employee A’s tasks and only linked tasks of employee B.

Upvoting this for a fix as it seems having multiple people assigned to a sub item causes issues.

1 Like

Nice another +1! Thanks Andrew.

@monday-moderators how can we elevate this feature request more?

As @mariahongel mentioned, I’m shocked this isn’t a better filtering tool for us all.

Thanks!

• Chris

Need option to filter workload by multiple people (currently only one at a time) and by Teams (we enter Team Members into respective Teams; though have no ability to see their schedule availability against each other, with others filtered out).

1 Like

Exactly what we need @JoePea ! Monday! how do I tag a Monday moderator? This is a much needed feature, any updates on this request? I think this thread is 3 years old!

Has this still not moved forward? Its critical for our team too. While we are waiting being able to shuffle the order of people on the widget would help

1 Like

Order shuffle is a great idea/ stop over fix.

Does anyone know how to tag a monday staff person on this thread? maybe they can tell us if this feature is in the planned road map?

I’d like to add a request to the workload widget, being able to drag and drop a task up or down to another person would be cool. also the board loads real slow.

Any one have an update on the plans for being able to filter by a person or team?

Vote it up!

1 Like

Adding here - hoping this gets fixed soon. It’s a real pain to weed through people not in your team.

Our team desperately needs this too.
Not only for the workload widget but for all widgets. Including Timeline and Gantt.

The only thing I have been able to figure out to work around this, for other widgets, which is an absolute pain, is having different “people” columns in every board for every department.
So I have a Media Team, Creative Team, PM, Account, etc “people” column. Then, when I ask the widget to sort by people, I have it choose the column relevant to the department.

Hey community! Didier here, product manager for the resource management team.
We are working on a new person filter for the workload which is now in ‘beta’ and would love your feedback.
The new person filter will enable you to select multiple people, and only show those people- even if other people are assigned to the same item. This functionality is available in the quick person filter (the one with the person icon) and is only supported at this time for undocked workload widgets.
If you would like it granted to your account, and are happy to provide feedback, please fill out this form.

Hi. The workload view is great, but shows everyone working on a our projects (in our case 100’s of people). The filter options filter which items/subitems are included in the data, but presenting a list of 100s of people does not help, and using the person to select each person is a real pain… can you alter the this to allow selection of teams, so if you select a team, anyone with data that is a member of that team is shown? This would make the workload REALLY USEFUL and should be an easy change!

Just realised, I should explain, due to the max 50 boards per dashboard limit, we are having to use a single board and each Item is a Project and Subitems are tasks on the projects. We have circa 300+ projects active, each with 50+ subitems. (We actual have 4 of these boards - Proposals, Projects, AdHoc & Vacations, and we then have our dashboard pulling the data from these 4 tables, so we can see a more accurate reflection of the work across the whole team, which is great, but ideally we need to break this down to “team” views, so where the PEOPLE selection is, if there could be a TEAM selection and it filter the displayed list to ONLY show those who are memebrs of the selected teams(s) this would be REALLY useful.

Thanks

Hey Matthew! Didier here, product manager for the resource management team.
We are working on a new person filter for the workload which is now in ‘beta’ and would love your feedback.
The new person filter will enable you to select multiple people, and only show those people- even if other people are assigned to the same item. This functionality is available in the quick person filter (the one with the person icon) and is only supported at this time for undocked workload widgets.
If you would like it granted to your account, and are happy to provide feedback, please fill out this form.

Thank you Didier - I have filled in the form and look forward to having a look - happy to provide feedback.

Matthew

1 Like

Also need this.

Hi @didierbollag !
Nice to read that improvement is coming about this.
I filled the form and will be happy to test and provide feedback.
Thanks