Form field for adding a comment/update to a pulse

Hello!

In addition to our existing project-management type usage of Monday.com, we’ve been starting to consider it as a replacement for our ticketing system for our internal users (who all have Monday accounts), by making use of the Forms feature to submit structured requests.

I think having a freeform “description” type field is necessary for our use case, but the only way to have this on a form right now (as far as I know) is to use the “Long Text” type field. I think it would be preferable if we could add a form field that would post a comment/update, similar to what is done when emailing the board to create a pulse.

I think having the original “description” as a comment makes it easy to see inline with the additional comments, whereas the Long Text field isn’t as friendly, and doesn’t format as nicely (no markdown, URL linking, etc).

Any feedback or alternate suggestions would be appreciated!

2 Likes

Hey @apringle,

Justin here :slight_smile: Thank you so much for sharing!

I think it could be extremely useful to allow users on a form to fill in more context using the updates section.

In the meantime, have you thought about using the files column? Users can write as much as they want and attach the file. You can then also move this to the updates section of an item.

I will be sure to pass along this feedback to our product team for review. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Justin

Thanks for the response and suggestion. I could see how attaching files could be workable in some cases, but I think it’s taking away from the simplicity the form and causing extra work for everyone (particularly for a helpdesk scenario where the person may be having computer trouble, and thus posting from another computer, mobile device, etc).

For the time being, I do think the Long Text field may be workable, and we could manually move this into the Updates section as you suggested. Still, I would love to see a way to post an update from a form!

Adding Images to Updates field in Forms

Thru the Main Table View, you can easily drag and drop images into Updates.
However, in the Forms View, there doesn’t seem to be a way to drag and drop images into Updates which would be useful for ticketing.

Requiring users on mobile phones to create a new document and attach it defeats the purpose entirely. It also restricts easy readability for those serving those internal customers. This is, quite literally, the only feature I need added to remove an outside service and move everything to Monday

Hi - I want this feature as well! I am trying to use this form to replace a document, so having to create a document would defeat the purpose of making the switch.

Hello everyone!

So there is a new feature that has been released through monday.com’s forms.

If you look into the form settings, there is an option to include an Update as an option in your form.

This wouldn’t have a regular document format, but you are able to paste links and it will show up in the updates section of your item that is submitted!

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I found this and IMMEDIATELY made use of it. Thank you so much!!

1 Like