Form field for adding a comment/update to a pulse

Hello!

In addition to our existing project-management type usage of Monday.com, we’ve been starting to consider it as a replacement for our ticketing system for our internal users (who all have Monday accounts), by making use of the Forms feature to submit structured requests.

I think having a freeform “description” type field is necessary for our use case, but the only way to have this on a form right now (as far as I know) is to use the “Long Text” type field. I think it would be preferable if we could add a form field that would post a comment/update, similar to what is done when emailing the board to create a pulse.

I think having the original “description” as a comment makes it easy to see inline with the additional comments, whereas the Long Text field isn’t as friendly, and doesn’t format as nicely (no markdown, URL linking, etc).

Any feedback or alternate suggestions would be appreciated!

2 Likes

Hey @apringle,

Justin here :slight_smile: Thank you so much for sharing!

I think it could be extremely useful to allow users on a form to fill in more context using the updates section.

In the meantime, have you thought about using the files column? Users can write as much as they want and attach the file. You can then also move this to the updates section of an item.

I will be sure to pass along this feedback to our product team for review. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Justin