Forms using dropdown from current field

Hello, I am brand new to Monday.com (as in, just set it up this week), but am familiar with Asana, Airtable, and others.

We are a nonprofit using it as a database for our grantees. I now have the basic info uploaded about each grantee, but throughout the year there will be different forms and reports they are required to turn in to us. Would I be able to use a form where the user selects their organization name from an existing list in a table, so that we can match up their forms to their organization exactly? (If they insert their own org name, there will definitely be variations, and some people are volunteers who may not know which org received the grant.)

Thank you!

Hi @pjsiebert - welcome to the community! I would suggest using a simple status column to manage this, as a dropdown allows for multiple selections to be made. Each status label can be an organization for users to choose from on the form.

Hope this helps
Mark

Hey @pjsiebert

Nachliel from Easyapps here.

Our Monday form builder app, Easyform, supports Connected Boards questions, allowing you to connect an Organization Board with a list of your organizations and show it as a Single/ Multiple select option question on your form:
Organization connected board Board

In addition to that, we offer:

• Item default values for Status, Dropdown, and Connected Boards, giving you the option of presetting the incoming monday item values.
  • Advanced file upload - limit file type, size, and number of permitted files.
  • Styling every element in the form, from the color of the user input to the radius of the submit button.
  • Responsive styling - set separate sizes for questions viewed on desktops and cellphones to better fit the user’s screen.

If you’re interested in creating styled forms that better match your brand and embed perfectly on your web page, you can check out our Monday.com app Easyform and our extensive documentation site.

You can set up a free demo here or contact us at support@easyappshq.com.

Here is an example of our form in action:
main gif easyform

I hope this helps,

Nachliel