Formula column HYPERLINK()

Hi,

So I have a formula that returns a text string based on a status, which works fine (it is a simple nested IF statement)
What I’d like is to convert that text result into a clickable hyperlink.

So what I’d really like is the implementation of the HYPERLINK() function in excel.

To be clear the text is dynamically set based on user choice, so the link column isn’t suitable.

Possible?
Probable?
Maybe?

Thanks.

Did this ever go anywhere? +1 for this. I’d love a URL builder style column where i can build a URL based on the data in other columns then make that a clickable link. The formula column works for this but i still need to copy + paste the link into the browser.

The above description would work for me.

5 Likes

+1 for me as well. Did this ever go anywhere??

Would also like this feature. Would be very useful to link backed ticket/request type numbers to their actual platforms.

I agree this would be very nice to have.

For some, one possibility would be using right-click on the formula cell to copy the link. Both Edge and Chrome will then allow you to right-click in the address bar to paste and go to the link. Edge allows you to use Ctrl+Shift+L as well.

Jim - Subscribe to The Monday Man
Watch Our Latest Video: A Killer Combo: monday.com, Integromat & Google Sheets - Recurring Tasks Example

Not having this feature makes me want to go back to gsheets!

Would like this too. If you can’t achieve this, then at least allow the Link column type to reference the value in the formula column for the link URL.

3 Likes

Is there any progress on this matter?

It would be very helpful to have this capability!

I was able to get around this limitation, but I can’t say that it will work for everyone’s use case.

My workaround was to use an automation to post an UPDATE to the item under certain conditions. The text of the update includes a dynamically constructed URL that does show in the update as a Hyperlink.

This workaround also helped me overcome a challenge with Zendesk integration that I was encountering.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t put the link in the table, but it does put it in the item Update which may result in notifications going out to item subscribers. It’s a workable solution for us until more flexibility arrives in Monday.com.

1 Like

This would be really useful. Any progress or new workarounds?

I also could really do with this, not yet found a workaround

This could be really useful. Just spoke with someone who wants to link to the item id in a mirror column but that it would actually be clickable to the item. The thought was to use a formula of the board and then add the itemID but then it needs to be clickable…

1 Like

+1 from me. I simply like to create a clickable link using a formula and two columns, one for a Link to the shipper website and the other a text, providing the tracking number for a shipment. Something like this: HYPERLINK({Link_URL_Column}, {Text_Tracking_No_Column})

1 Like

@monday-team @monday-moderators

Any progress on this? Should be fairly simple to implement :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

I’m Katerina from Stiltsoft.

Please join our discussion here: How do you work with tables in monday?
We’ll be very glad to know more about your use cases and needs.

Is there any progress on this intended by monday?
Please reply this @monday staff. This would be a small but great improvement!

Thanks

1 Like

+1 from me too.

We need to generate tracking links that can be inserted into an email which is sent to the customer.

The send function needs to be as simple as possible so that our volunteer team can focus on the end user, not on the tech.

@WillK @eClaireS

There are recipes available in Column Magic that can help with this, e.g.:

Jim - The Monday Man
We Create Custom Apps, Integrations & Automations for monday

1 Like

Oh this is great - thank you!

Thanks for sharing Your idea.