Formula Column - Timeline Support

Is there functionality for timeline#START or timeline#END in the function column as recommended here:

and here: Formula for Timeline duration - #6 by adibar

(20) limit for board connections is a real pain!

My question is due to my work around. Architect with 70+ active projects… i now have to set up 3 connected board columns for all projects and consolidate the timelines from 3 boards o get a view of all workloads. Fine; consolidating Hours(numbers column) is easy with a simple formula column. Problem; consolidating Project Timeline (timeline column) with the formula column because I can’t target the timeline end (timeline start seems to be default and only option). HELP!

If you have 10, 20, 100 or even more projects I would consolidate these projects to one board and do the workload and other dashboard functions from that board.

The Rollup Multiple Boards app from the marketplace creates project boards from templates and aggregate all kind of colum to give a full overview of a project per item.

My projects are large and each need a board. Can RMB take (3) connect board columns and consolidate them into one?

Right now I have automation that creates a new item in my “Time (high level)” board every time someone is assigned to a task in a Project Board (low level).

I must have the time board’s timeline(timeline column) and hours(numbers column) linked to each project board. I have it all working, my only problem is the 20 board limit. Which I worked around with multiple connect boards. and now i have the aforementioned problem.

Essentially, I need a mirror column for 70+ boards… am I WAY off in my organization for this not to work?

hi @zakhall

Not sure I fully understand your request. The basis for RMB is that it creates a down-level board on a status change and creates a connection between that board and the item in the high-level board. This connection is different from traditional connect boards and mirroring from monday. There are a number of recipes that take the items in the down-level boards and consolidate it to a column on the item in the high-level board (like sum, avg, % Done etc). Another way to look at this is that you see the summaries of all columns in the all the down-level board in one high-level board.

It can consolidate as many columns as you like the timeline and the hours, but also statuses, people column etc. Changes in any of the down-level board will reflect immediately on the high-level board. You can also filter (based on people or dropdown) to aggregate just a subset of the down-level board. This is useful (as an example) where you tag costs by adding a dropdown label “reimbursable” so you have an overview of total costs and which of this total is reimbursable per project.

A full detailed document is available from our site.