Formula Date Created - Date Completed

Hello,
Is it possible to create a formula field that calculates the amount of time elapsed from the date/time a task is created from the date/time the task was makes as complete? Essentially I’d like to use the Monday system creation date and I have not come across documentation demonstrating how to do that. I am also not experienced enough with Monday formulas to figure out how to grab the timestamp from when the task was marked complete and create the formula that does the math. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

@JLines

This should work if {Completion Date} always includes a time:
DAYS({Completion Date} , {Creation Log#DateTime})

If it might not try this:
DAYS({Completion Date} & IF(LEN({Date})=10, " 00:01",""), {Creation Log#DateTime})

Jim - The Monday Man
**:magic_wand: Column Magic :sparkles: **- the magical columns toolbox app
What is Make & How can it help you with monday?

Thanks @JCorrell, Please see the screenshot below to see what columns I am using currently.

Rather than managing a “Completion Date” field in addition to the “Status” and “Timeline” field, I’m hoping I can grab the ‘System Creation Date’ and ‘Date Marked as Complete’. Is somthing like that possible?

@JLines

Yes. But you will need to add them as separate columns. Once everything has been setup, you can hide them if you prefer.

You will need a Creation Log column and a “Date Completed” standard date column.

Then add an automation like:

Jim - The Monday Man
:magic_wand: Column Magic :sparkles:- the magical columns toolbox app

Thanks again @JCorrell I think I’m pretty close to a solution. Thanks for your guidance. On the ‘Completion Date’ field, is there a way to force the automation to include the time? It looks like it will only include the date, not the time. If I can get the timestamp formatted like the ‘Creation Log’ field that would be great.

@JLines

Yes, there is a way to have the automation include the time. But it is tricky to find if you don’t alread know that it is there…

When you are creating the automation, before selecting the date column to update, scroll to the bottom of the selection screen and select the Include time checkbox:

Jim - The Monday Man
:magic_wand: Column Magic :sparkles:- the magical columns toolbox app