FORMULA HELP - Count the number of days between a date column and today, stop counting days based on status but keep the value

Hi there,

I’m building a workflow for a real estate agency. I’m trying to create a formula to track how many days a property has been on the market by using a Date column for the Listing Date. Currently, I am using ROUNDUP(DAYS(TODAY(),{Listing Date}),0) to calculate those days, but this continues to track days even after the property is marked SOLD (no longer on the market).

I need the formula to stop counting days when the Status Column is SOLD but retain the number value it was at when the Status changed to SOLD to have a record of how long the property was on the market. I’ve experimented with something like IF(Status=“SOLD!”), ROUNDUP(DAYS(TODAY(),{Listing Date}),0) but am returning an error. Can’t seem to nail it down. I think I’m on the right track but have an issue with the structure of the formula.

Any assistance the community can offer on this is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

@NickNourishandSow,

You will need to have a seperate column that is the date that the status was changed to sold. You can use this automation to set the date:

Then the formula will be something like:

IF({Status}="SOLD!",ROUNDUP(DAYS(TODAY(),{Sold Date}),0),ROUNDUP(DAYS(TODAY(),{Listing Date}),0))

@JCorrell , thanks so much! Looks like this will work perfectly. Appreciate you taking the time!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.