Full release: New Export Gantt to PDF feature!

dear AndreaNZSIR, you can use a filter for the groups which you want to see. The Export will only show the groups you see with active filter.

1 Like

Hello Bianca… thanks for sharing this! I am a power user of project management/scheduling software tools over the years but this is my first time using Monday.com at a new organization. I really like the collaboration features but there are some gaps in gantt chart capabilities, so I am happy to see recent enhancements in this area.

A couple questions:
1 - you mention ability to export up to 300 items, but my PDF export only ever shows what I can fit onto the screen to display. Are you able to clarify how to do this?
2 - is there any workaround, or fix in work to resolve the item names being truncated? Ex: in your video, the item name “Video recording & editing softw…” gets cut off. It would be nice to expand that pane to show longer task names.

Thanks for all your help!

PM-aholic

Hey @PM-aholic,

Happy to clarify a few things for you!

To start the limit has actually increased to 640 items - this only counts items shown in the gantt and not those that have been filtered out. There is a limit on the width of the gantt and this limit does depend on screen resolution which might be impacting the export… We encourage users to dock the widget to achieve max width.

In regard to the item name being cut off, I am afraid this is expected if it’s a lengthy name. We will certainly share your feedback with our team internally, however we encourage you to share your feedback via this form link → gantt pdf export feedback form :+1:

Im having the same issue where the text in the left hand side menu getting truncated. would be great if that could be expanded. The other issue is really poor resolution when i try to export the gantt chart.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing with this with - I will add this to the comments I’ve already shared :pray:

It would be great if you can also fill out the feedback form above as this feedback goes directly to our product team - the more feedback, the better!

Definitely an improvement, but hoped this would also finally show the dependencies…

1 Like

We hear you and are aware of this limitation :pray:

Please share this via the form!

I was struggling with this because there is more than one way to export, and I was using the wrong one. Having located the new Export button, I can confirm that this is exactly what I need and is 100% better than before.
Thanks Monday and @BiancaT for bringing this out.

1 Like

We really appreciate your feedback Martin - thank you :raised_hands:

Is there a timeline as to when the Gantt export will include Dependencies? The new dependency update is great, but now being able to show these on an export would give Monday.com a great improvement.

Hey Blair,

I am afraid we do not have a confirmed timeline regarding dependencies in the Gantt export, this is currently a known limitation. I apologise for the setback and will certainly circle back to this post if we are informed of any changes :pray:

I’m looking forward to dependencies being visible, but I also have another request that would improve the export function.

I have renamed a number of my Gantt charts, however, when I export i get a simple ‘Gantt’ as the title rather than the title that appears on my board. Could this be fed back?

Hey Kevin!

Can you confirm where you’re exporting from? Are you exporting an entire Dashboard or a specific Gantt within the Dashboard? That said, in all scenarios I’ve tested, the title name (that I’ve renamed) exports correctly… This sounds like it could potentially be a bug.

Does this same behaviour persist in a private window? :pray:

Hi,

How can I customize my Gantt’s export to PDF? I would like to adjust the time I like to show in my presentation! I have tried zooming, changing it to Month but it pops back to quarterly every time and exports it to pdf! It also cuts off the last row everytime!

Hi Bianca

I think there is a bug in here somewhere!

If I export from 1 I get an unnamed gantt and if I export from 2 I get the title of the board rather than the name of the Gantt. Examples below.

I would have expected both methods to be titles ‘Pay Gantt’

From method 1

From method 2

I hope this helps.

Kevin

~WRD037.jpg

Hey @Ghazal,

At this time it isn’t possible to customise the gantt for exporting purposes. I understand the value in a feature like this, so encourage you to submit this as feature request so our community can vote and help bring this feature to life :raised_hands:

Thank you for this information Kevin!!

I have actually just tested this via the methods you have shared, and believe that this is expected…

If you export via method 2, this is exporting from the board level, so will include the board title. If you export via method 1, you’re exporting on the widget level, and as such your customised gantt title should correctly export.

Can you please undock your gantt widget and rename the gantt as you please. Can you then try exporting via method 1, docked or not? Does the name appear correctly?

I look forward to hearing from you!

1 Like

Thanks Bianca

Undocking, that’s the solution!

When I created the Gantt views they were docked and renamed at the top line where all the views are listed. When I undock and rename, the exported PDF now adopts the name and shows on the PDF itself.

I believe that this should work using both methods, so it probably is a small bug. As I now have a work around, I’m happy!

Thanks for looking into this,

Kevin

Have you added the option to show dependencies when exporting to PDF?