Introducing the brand new monday.com Gantt view!

Hi dear monday.com community!

We decided to go all-in and launch a real-deal Gantt chart with all the features you’ve come to expect but with a monday.com spin!

Some of our favorite aspects of the new Gantt chart include:

• Improved left pane with all the items
  • Collapse and expand groups to focus on what matters to you the most
  • Track project progress visually by grouping and coloring your items based on status, priority, task owner, or anything else you’d like.
  • Filter the items on your Gantt chart with our robust filtering options - see exactly what you need, when you need it.
  • The ability to see an overview of the project with a click of a single button
  • And the coolest of all visual dependencies !!! :partying_face::partying_face::star_struck::star_struck::fire::fire:

Learn more about the Gantt view here: The Gantt View

But that’s not all, with this new feature we are looking to add more functionalities in Q1 of 2021 like Critical Path, Baseline, and more!!

P.S. If you have any feedback, make sure to share it with us by going to the top right of the view and clicking on feedback:

2 Likes

Hi,
Thanks for this new feature.
When do you plan to include sub-items to the Gantt View ? It only works with dashboards for now.

Regards,

3 Likes

Love the idea behind this, but it really is calling out for including sub-items in this new Gantt view.
we have so many boards that have sub items within them and it really is a shame that these were not included in this release.
Appreciate that these are available within a Dashboard (albeit a bit of a hassle to get it right)! but the majority of my team are not working in a dashboard or want to flip between the two.
Thanks
Phil

3 Likes

hello, love the gantt view but the export on excel is very bad and not useful. Do you think it is possibe to change that ? Or better, to put in place an export throught Images. I mean to export the gantt chart on a single image (setting specific date on the image etc) what do you think ?

Bests,
Maxime
France, Valgo

2 Likes

You guys keep outdoing yourselves, don’t you?

That’s a great feature! The excel export could use some improvements but I’m sure you guys will figure it out in time. I’m really looking forward to the planned features!

1 Like

Good morning,

I don’t know if I am the only one experiencing this, but in lieu of showing task / timeline / actual side to side, it shows duplicate lines (ie: 1st line task / timeline and 2nd line same task / actual) Plus, this layout messes the dependency lines and sorting of tasks (see attached picture, tasks “Élaboration…” and “Rencontre…”)

It would improve readability a lot displaying it task / timeline / actual in a side to side manner.

Best regards

no ETA at this time - we hope for some time later this year

@maximebche @digodk - We are looking to improve exports (and other features) in the upcoming quarter

1 Like

This is usually happens when you have multiple date/timeline columns. What are you Gantt settings?

Yes I do have a Timeline Start + Finish column and an Actual Completed date column…

In this case just select the column that you want to visualize. If you need to do all 3, then play around with color by to see if it helps differentiate them.

Is it possible to group items from different boards on a Gantt view?

1 Like

can i enable sub items to show in gantt view?