Gantt view grouping subtasks by parent item

Hi everyone,

We are using dependencies to plan projects. Unfortunately it appears to be impossible to sort the subtasks in a clear view. Instead of listing all subtasks of a parent item below that item and THEN starting with the subtasks of the next item bundled together, more often than not there are subtasks of another parent item in between.
This is highly irritating.

Is there an option to reliably group the subtasks by parent item that I am not aware of? If so, where can I find it?

If not this would be a great improvement!

(Speaking of Gantt View sorting I would also appreciate if someone knows the answer to my other thread: Gantt View Widget sorting)

Thank you very much in advance :slight_smile:

Am not sure if I am requesting the exact same use case, but…

We are also using dependencies and subtasks to plan projects. The tasks get pretty granular because they are big projects, so they require using subtasks. We use the timeline and dependency automation, but would like to see all tasks/subtasks in a Timeline/GANTT view.

Because subtasks are not in those views, we have to create a separate dashboard for each project. This is not ideal because it duplicates the number of rows we need to organize into folders on the workplace sidebar and leaves room for error/confusion.

Just a note that I think this use-case might also be helped by an alternative dependecy breakdown view which doesn’t bother with timings. I’ve added a topic for that here: ‘Tree’ view: hierarchical breakdown of dependencies / subitems (bit like Org Chart) - #2 by LC-toucanBox

Hello,

Are there any updates on this thread?

The functionality to see subitems grouped by the parent in the gantt chart is vital to how we have our board setup and how we track and manage projects.