Gantt View Widget sorting

Hi everyone,

We use a dashboard with gantt view to plan our ressources. The gantt view lists all subtasks by person.
What we absolutely don’t understand is a) how the sorting of tasks within a group i.e. person is calculated and b) in what order are the persons listed?

It would be great to understand this as the sorting changes from time to time when reloading the dashboard and people are confused where their own tasks (the entire group) have moved to in order.
Also sometimes when changing the status of a task people feel like these tasks are vanishing since the sorting changes.

I would be really happy about any insights and even happier if there was a way to influence this sorting so it could stay constant.

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

It has been almost a year and I still have not heard anything one this. I would greatly appreciate any insights.

2 Likes

We would like to sort too the gannt widget. We would need to sort the “Group by” column, if not it is quite useless as we have groups that need to be seen together. It is a big list.

1 Like

Hi Elena,

this is actually already possible. You can choose “Group by” → Group in the settings.

You can Group by Groups… but you can’t sort the Group groupings in any order against themselves

Hey @dk_NFroehlich :wave:

As mentioned above, you do have the option to group your Gantt Chart by several different options, including group, status, person assigned, etc:

You can then also choose how the tasks are colored within that grouping to help distinguish other important details:

Also changing the group and color settings will update the Gantt Chart for everyone, so people will need to be careful not to alter the settings haphazardly for clarity sake.

If a good number of people want to see the Gantt Chart in other specific ways, I would maybe recommend having different Widget or View for each version so that they can select and look at the version that’s already grouped and colored the way they prefer.

I hope this helps! Remember to mark as solved if this answers your question :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Jenna

I know how to group things. I don’t know how to sort groups. By date specifically. The order of groups seems to be random.

1 Like

Hi @sspreadborou

At the moment you cannot specify the sorting logic within the groups in the Gantt, I’m afraid.
The order of the groups themselves should reflect the order of the groups in the Main Table view, if you’re grouping by Group. Within each group the items should be sorted by date automatically. This means that if one user changes the date of an item, it could change it’s position within the group in the Gantt view.

I can definitely appreciate how this would be a useful addition to the platform for yourself, and I’m sure for other teams too, so I would highly recommend opening a thread in our Feature Request section.
Here other users who would also like this added to the platform will be able to upvote the feature!
You can find this here: Submit an Idea - monday Community Forum

Best,
Dani

@jennap unfortunately this did not solve the problem. However I have created a new topic in Feature Request as @Dani suggested here.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.