Sorting of Items in Gantt View

Hello, I am setting up a gantt view for a dashboard. I want to preserve the sort order of items as they are ordered on the board. It appears that the gantt view is re-ordering items based upon the date field that is chosen for the gantt view. How can I preserve the sort order of items as shown on the board? (I feel like I must be blind and missing the configuration option somewhere!)

Thanks, Scott

Hi, I am facing the same issue. Has it been resolved?

We have just run-into the same, baffling limitation. In our case this mixes separate releases for our programmes, the only workaround I can think of is using a separate column and then changing the Group By setting (we currently use Group, but this is used to separate each programme).

A sort feature should be added to the Gantt view which would allow you to select start date (or whichever criteria is relevant), with the default being the sequence of items on the Main Table.

2 Likes

Same on my side, i would like to be able to oder the task by alphabetical order (instaed of date) in the Gantt, in order not to impact my Gantt if I modify a date.

Hi Joachim, can you provide an example of when your tasks would need to be statically sorted alphabetically by task name?

My original request is to have the Gantt view preserve the order in which the items are sorted on the board (presumably, the Gantt view would also preserve any sorting that is configured on the board).

Hi Scott, the tean here was using a Gantt, but it was frustrating for them because when they changed a date in the Gantt it was changing the order and they were lost (there is a lot of lines in my Gantt). To have the ability to choose the order, and sort in alphabetic order for exemple will be very useful in this case.
What would be great is to have the ability to choose the dysplay order: by date, by alphabetic order, in the original order (order it is display in the table)…

1 Like

I am surprised there are only 16 votes for this so far!
Yes Please: Make it possible to sort the gantt chart freely, same as we can sort table views!

1 Like

I’m also surprised that this isn’t higher on the priority list - it’s vital! We need to sort our projects (viewed in Gantt) based on priority and it just doesn’t seem possible.

1 Like