Get a list of all the owners of a board via the api

Hey,

So I noticed that via the api I only get the first owner of a board.

I need to either get a list of all the owners of a board or know if the signed in sdk user is an owner of the board.

My use case is - if the board has edit content permissions and not edit everything permissions then I’d like to allow only board owners to edit an eazyform (a board view). How can I achieve this?

Thanks,
Ronen
Eazyform

Hey @rbabayoff,

I also couldn’t query more then 1 owner, let’s ask @AlexSavchuk, he always has a good answer :slight_smile:.

Greetings

Hey @rbabayoff,

Right now it wouldn’t be possible to check who the current user is through an API call - this would only be possible by making an SDK call from the application. It’s something we’re hoping to tackle in the future, however we don’t quite have an ETA on this right now.

-Daniel

Hey @dsilva, that is not my issue, my api calls are always via the sdk.

To clarify - right now I’m only getting the first owner and not all the owners of the board in the boards graphql response of this query:

query BoardColumns($boardId: Int!) {
  boards(ids: [$boardId]) {
    id
    name
    state
    permissions
    board_kind

owner {
      id
      name
      email
    }

subscribers {
      id,
      name,
      email
      enabled,
      is_guest,
      is_view_only
    }
  }
}

I’d like to get all the owners.

Note also that the subscribers list also doesn’t have a is_owner property, which would be nice to have and would also solve my issue.

Thanks,
Ronen

Hey there @rbabayoff,

Thanks for checking in on this and for clarifying further what you would like to achieve. To be transparent with you, I’ve just tried playing around with this and I wasn’t able to get more than 1 owner myself on my end - this is something I’ll have to investigate further with the team to see if there is something we can provide as an option here.

@TMNXT-Dev thanks so much :slight_smile: Sorry that I wasn’t able to live up to the hype this time around, but let’s see what we can do here.

-Alex

Thanks @AlexSavchuk, looks like the easiest may be to just add an is_owner property to the subscribers list.

Cheers,
Ronen

Hey @AlexSavchuk and monday team , any news on this? Implementing billing and would like to allow only admins to pay, and don’t want to ask for additional scopes such as users:read and teams:read just due to billing. I understand that even if I want to add them, there is currently an issue with adding scopes to an existing app.

@rbabayoff

Thanks for checking in here, I appreciate it! :star:

I’m afraid there haven’t been any updates on this just yet. Just to clarify and make sure we’re on the same page here still, are you still looking to query the owners of a board, or are you looking to get account admins at this point?

I’m looking forward to hearing from you soon! :slight_smile:

-Alex

Hey @AlexSavchuk,

Thanks for the clarification question, you’re right - the issue I raised here originally was needing to know who are the board owners, so I can give them form edit permissions.

To address my new issue, what are the scope(s) I need to know if the current board view user is an account admin and how do I query it? I didn’t find anything in the api docs related to account admins. I just need to know if the current user is an account admin, don’t need a full list of them.

Thanks,
Ronen

Hey @AlexSavchuk, waiting for an answer. Tks!

@rbabayoff

At the time, I’m afraid there is no way to query for a user being an account admin or not at this point using the API. I’ve pinged the development team about this one too, but I’m afraid I am not able to offer a solution at this point.

-Alex

1 Like

Hi @AlexSavchuk ,

I’m facing this issue as well.

I’m developing an application and want to restrict access to the board owners only.

Any suggestion of how to implement this in the best way?

Thanks in advance

Hi @shaharsamira!

At this time, I don’t believe that you’re able to implement this using the API. You can absolutely create a new, Private board and only invite those members necessary though.

It sounds like you’re looking to alter permissions for a pre-existing board, is that so?

Feel free to start a new thread! I think this could be good for other members of our community to check out too.

Hi @AlexSavchuk,

I’ve just discovered this thread, as I’m also trying to work out all the owners of a board via the API. Has there been any progress on this in the last year? Like @rbabayoff I can only work out how to get a single owner (the creator) or a list of subscribers.

Thanks,
Simeon