Google Sheets API - update all items in monday.com

Hi,

I’ve used the various examples on this forum to get an API call working that loads new content to monday.com from Google Sheets and another that mutates the item on the board when a value changes (an onEdit function). However, for the function to work each row on the sheet needs to physically edited for the onEdit function to kick in.

I’m tring to keep a couple of hundreds lines updated and asking someone to make a physical edit is just not going to work. Has anyone been able to set this to work so an entire sheet, including pulseIds, refreshes monday.com? We can’t use a third party integration like Integromat as our organisation blocks Add-ons for sheets and also we would need to pay for the amount of use we expect.

Any thoughts?

Ian

1 Like

Hey @robbo1975 :wave:

That’s a great question! Personally, I haven’t had a chance to test this out just et, but it seems like you should be able to implement this with a watch.changes on Google Drive AIP, rather than the onEdit function.

Have you had a chance to review this option? Here’s what I was able to dig up on Google’s Documentation:

I hope this is helpful at all.

-Alex

Hey

Looks interesting but seems really complex to set up. I need something fairly simple that we can duplicate easily.

Consider adding a time-based trigger that identifies and resolves inconsistencies between the two. I gave up on the “onEdit” trigger months ago and run all my automations off time-based triggers. 10/10 would recommend.

3 Likes

@robbo1975

If you’re looking for ease of set-up, then I would definitely recommend something like Integromat. In addition to Zapier, these are our team’s favorites, but I’m sure there may be others out there that are more cost-effective?

Otherwise, I think @AlexSavchuk’s solution would be the way to go.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.