Group and Item Automations

I have a master board with groups and items within those groups for a variety of services that I set up. For each new customer I bring on, I create a board and then am currently duplicating the groups from my master board and moving them to the individual customer board.

Ideally what I would like is to create an individual board with a list of services that can be set up. When I click on a button to say the service is set up I would like for it to create a group and then create the items and sub items within that group.
Example : Client is set up and can select to use PayPal, Apple Pay, Venmo, GooglePay. The client board will show Paypal, Apple Pay, Venmo, GooglePay with buttons and once the button is clicked it will generate a group for each payment type, with the respective items below it to proceed with setup of those payment types.
I tried doing an automation for when a button is clicked it creates group name, once group name is created, add items 1 2 and 3, but it hasn’t worked. It creates the group, but the item and subitem automation doesn’t seem to work or if it does, the items are created not in alignment with their respective group.

Alternatively, I would like to be able to duplicate and move multiple groups from my master board to an individual client board at the same time rather than having to duplicate and move one by one.

Is there anyway to do either of these things?

Thanks!

1 Like

hi @tarheelbelle05 , sounds like our apps in Formula Lookout can handle this particular process. We have Formula in Automation Recipes and Same Item Multiple Board that can be used together to achieve what you desire. Let me know if ever you have questions or you may book a call directly with our founder Snir through this link Snir Alayof - User Interview | TidyCal

Hey @tarheelbelle05 - check this post I made a few months ago. This allows you dynamically create a new group on a different board with the name of the item:

Creating a Group in a Different Board Dynamically with the Name of an Item - Platform discussions / Special workflows & use cases - monday Community Forum

You could then extend this to create additional items and perhaps subitems on the fly based on the tagging of the item you send over.

If you ever need a hand building out these processes feel free to reach out to us any time.

Mark