Group level edit/view permissions

I must agree with @Julian and others on this topic. We are also slowly building our workflows and planing to fully implement Monday in our company of 30 people. We are also on Pro plan, at the monent 10 users but plan was to switch to all 30 once all workflows are done, and a bit disappointed that a lot of what seem like basic features are locked behind Enterprise plan which is, from what I was able to read, huge increase in cost.

2 Likes

Hi All,

Thanks for your feedback - after the initial launch we will indeed consider releasing this feature to lower tiers as well (at least Pro).

Just to set expectations - we are performing a periodical review of our packaging so it wonā€™t happen instantly but Iā€™ll be sure to convey your input.

Have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Thanks for considering moving this up to Pro at least. I have several processes we canā€™t move into Monday without this feature. It really helps your customers to be more sticky in the long-term. The more we can do in Monday, the less likely we are to look for other solutions.

I inquired with support what a move to enterprise would cost, and itā€™s completely out of the question as it would more than triple our current annual cost.

1 Like

@avirampm
Has this feature been rolled out at this point? Any updates on making it available to Pro accounts? It is THE biggest missing feature holding us back right now. Thanks.

1 Like

I have to agree with @sschreiner and others on this. Restricting permissions on a per-item/group basis does seem like a basic functionality that is much needed, and not only for the highest-grade paying customers. We are a small consultancy company with only a dozen users and couldnā€™t justify an enterprise tier, yet this is a feature that is holding us back.

2 Likes

Hi @sschreiner,

The feature is now in rollout phases. As I mentioned before it will be rolled out to Enterprise first. I relayed the feedback from the community that this should be open to Pro as well but donā€™t want to commit to anything as this is not solely my decision.

Have a nice weekend.

Aviram

1 Like

Hi @avirampm, this feature was finally released? we are on pro account and we need this to consolidate our boards workflow in a unique board hiding users that doesnt need to see other users information.

Hi @hlopezvc,

The feature is now in rollout phases (undergoing security review) - but unfortunately wonā€™t be available on the Pro tier - we will review this following the feedback we got and this decision could be changed in the future

hi @avirampm, thats actually a major disappointment which forces us to take a look at alternatives. Regarding your pricing these basic features should be available for pro plans as well. ā€œā€¦could be changed in the futureā€ doesnā€™t sound convincing.

1 Like

Hi @avirampm, please reconsider this because not all are multinational enterprises but we are in need of this features long time ago, i think this options definitely are not the ones who will make companies move on to a superior contract like entreprise.-
This tools should be avaliable at least on pro plans.

1 Like

hi @avirampm
we just started to subscribe but considered this a basic funcionality. Without this feature, we will not be able to use monday at all since we can not disclose all information from one board to everybody in that board. I dont know what the pricing is for enterprise but if it is a lot higher then pro then we also will have to move on which is a pitty because I liked monday.com . Please get in contact with me for a enterprise quote for 15 licenses (if that even exists) or any possibility to get this feature even in pro.
Thanks

Agreed on need for pro users to have access to this. Without it, the work around tends to be creating duplicate/similar boards and subdividing workflows which takes away from the premise of the program which is to simply and coordinate internal communication. With more work from home/outsourcing the current permissions really complicate things having to carve out a workflow portion to a separate board.

I know Iā€™m beating the same drum here but Iā€™ve have had it on my calendar to check in on this feature every few months. Iā€™m also very disappointed to see the feature has finally been made but is not available to pro plans. My company actuallly signed up for Monday for a specific use case that needs this functionality (we wrongly assumed this was already a feature before signing up) . Weā€™ve been limping by, using nine separate boards instead (not working very well as you can imagine). Weā€™re also forced to begin looking at off-platform solutions as a result.

2 Likes

+1 from me for this request. @avirampm is it possible to be enrolled into the ā€˜rollout phaseā€™ to explore this feature before general rollout?

Hi @avirampm, we are on an enterprise plan.

I could not find any documentation to set the permissions on a board level. Could you please point me in the right direction
Thanks,

Hi @Tabish - The feature is currently in a limited pilot test with a small number of Enterprise customers. Iā€™ve heard during Partner meetings that it will likely be available for more clients in the next month or so.

2 Likes

@avirampm its great that this feature is getting rolled out but I 100% agree with @sschreiner that itā€™s a big insult for us loyal pro members to not be include in this role out.

I hope Monday reconsiders this move.

We are on this ship since 2019!!!
I think monday team must reconsider strongly this key features for group/item permissions.
To make professional boards with proper automation/integrations is not enough if we cannot restrict wich users are viewing key information on the same boards and wich not.

So, Enterprise licence means enterprise solutions?
Whats left for pro licence? why we cant reach this features to make strong and multiple clients usable boards, we are not allowed to do professional solutionsā€¦

Pro licence made boards are limited until this features are not avaliable.

Enable visibility permissions via group levels on the boards. In the event that the board is made shareable, prevent the ā€œguestā€ from seeing all groups. Make it where the guest can only see groups that they are assigned to.

Thank you for your feature request! We hear you and recognize there has been demand for this feature for some time. To increase the potential for development, letā€™s get these votes up! As such we will be merging this topic into this existing feature request Group level edit/view permissions so that the votes can be combined! All votes and comments will be transferred during the merge. If you did not cast a vote on this topic, please add your vote to the active thread above. Your opinion matters to us :pray: