Have tasks in Monday function as email threads

If I’m receiving emails from clients on a board, I want to be able to reply to their email and keep the conversation within the context of the task/email thread. I see I can create an integration to have the emails land in the Updates section but only if I add the reply-to email address as an email column in that task. And then I get all new separate emails from the client contact ending up as Updates in a task related to a previous task/email thread.

Otherwise, all replies to emails come in as new tasks.

Just trying to figure out how to use this as something like a support response tool.

1 Like

Hey there! It sounds like you could add an Email Column to your board so that you can put the email address corresponding with the item/task in that column. Then, you can apply an integration recipe like the following:

This way, that item’s Updates Sections will only have emails logged from the email address you specify in the item’s column.

What do you think? Would this help?

Hello I’m having a similar problem. Though I receive emails form the same client multiple times, the topic/ thread or reason for the email varies. I would to keep the topic/ thread or reason separated. How can I do that? Just like your email automatically keeps the same subject line thread together and doesn’t populate other subjects just because the same person emailed you again. I tried the above but it doesn’t isolate what the topics