HELP! How to copy formula column results into a text column?

Can anybody help?

We want to copy the results of a formula column into a text column. Is there any way to do this?

This will allow us to use the information in automated emails out from Monday.com.

hi @TheOtherPM

You can’t do that out of the box. You need to have an app like General Castor to be able to work with the outcome of formulas.

Hey @TheOtherPM :wave:

As @basdebruin mentioned, formulas are not supported in our automations at this time, so what you’re looking to do is not possible with our internal automation options.

However, this is indeed possible with the General Caster App from the monday.com apps marketplace!:

Do note that General Caster was not developed by the monday.com team. As such, we don’t have any control over its functionality – and do not provide support for setting it up. Our team has reviewed it against our security and privacy guidelines, but we cannot fully certify it.

If you do want to try it out, I’d recommend checking out the app details in the marketplace here: The monday apps marketplace. You can review the app’s documentation (and applicable privacy policies) and install it if you choose.

To learn more about security in the monday apps marketplace, check out this article: Understanding apps marketplace security

If you would prefer to use our API to build this automation yourself, then something else you can try instead would be to use one of our 3rd party platform integrations to build your own automation based on the formula column:

Otherwise, if you are comfortable coding or have access to any developers, you can build your own automation using our API:

If you need additional support on our APIs or apps platform, I would recommend doing a search for your question in our developer community here.

If you need help building custom integrations, we also have an option for paid assistance through our network of certified monday.com partners. If this interests you, simply fill out this form and someone will be in touch shortly!

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Jenna

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.