Help with formula - multiple if statements

I’m wanting to write a formula that deals with multiple if statements:

If my status says Working on it, I want the column to display the number of days from today from the Due Date column

If my status says Not started, I want the column to display the number of days from today from the Due Date column

If my status says Complete, I want the column to display the number of days from the Completed column and the Due Date column

I’ve tried variations of the below formula but keep getting errors, each If statement works fine on it’s own, but just not together. Any suggestions ???

IF({Status}="Working on it”, ROUND (DAYS){Due Date},TODAY()),0)),IF({Status}=“Not started”, ROUND (DAYS){Due Date},TODAY()),0)), IF({Status}=“Completed”, DAYS({Completion Date},{Due Date})))

1 Like

Not sure how much help it is, @JennyA but found an article in the monday.com support library with nested IF statements outlined at the bottom of the page:

The IF Function - a monday.com support article

Best of luck! :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for the link - I’d already read that article but unfortunately its not helped me figure out where I’m going wrong :frowning:

Hi @JennyA ,

On checking the article, I think I can see what it might be - the article says the nested IF statements check for each other, and then if none of the conditions are met, will return the final ‘0’ or whatever.

Like this:
IF({T-shirt Type}=“Thor”,15,IF({T-shirt Type}=“Ironman”,20,IF({T-shirt Type}=“Captain America”,30,0)))

Yours is like this:
IF({Status}="Working on it”, ROUND (DAYS){Due Date},TODAY()),0)),IF({Status}=“Not started”, ROUND (DAYS){Due Date},TODAY()),0)), IF({Status}=“Completed”, DAYS({Completion Date},{Due Date})))

Hope that helps!! :grinning:

1 Like

This helps hugely, the formula I need is as follows: -

IF({Status}=“Working on it”, DAYS(TODAY(), {Due Date}),IF({Status}=“Not started”, DAYS(TODAY(), {Due Date}),IF({Status}=“Completed”, DAYS({Completion Date}, {Due Date}))))

Thanks for all your help :slight_smile: