How do I link items to each other within a board- not between boards

Hiya, I am looking for the same functionality as connect boards, but for the board itself. Dependency isnt right as it isnt timeline related. I would like to be able to say this item, relates to that item.

hi @Jemima
The possibility to connect a board to itself has been removed by monday, not sure if this will be reintroduced later.

Depending on what you want to do with the linked items on the same board, can’t you use a unique identifier for each item (e.g. the one that this app https://monday.com/marketplace/17 creates) and identify the related items by putting their ID in a dropdown box?

@Jemima

You could consider using Dependency and also adding a dummy date column to keep it from messing up anything important.

Hey thanks, thats so strange that they removed it! Thanks

Hi @Jemima :wave:

It looks like this post here How do I link items to each other within a board- not between boards - #2 by basdebruin might have answered your question, is that correct?

If so, please don’t forget to mark it as the solution so other users can easily find it, and to close this thread :slightly_smiling_face:
If not, feel free to ask any additional questions you have!

Best,
Dani

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.