Linked item in same board?

Hi, we have a creative board will all our designers on and they each have their own group on that board. They work on their own jobs but sometimes for bigger jobs, another designer may take part of it (which will be a sub item).
I want to be able to duplicate a sub item when it is a shared job so it stays with the main job under the lead designers group but also appears in the other designers group.
I can set up a ‘shared job’ group on the board and keep the job there instead but they are less likely to keep track of the job if it isn’t under their own group.
Can you link or mirror on the same board? I can only find info on cross board linking.

I’m not sure if it will accomplish what you are looking to do. But, when you create a link column, you can in fact add a link to the same board.

Maybe it’s that I still don’t really understand the link concept - I am a newbie to Monday.com and have just introduced it to my team…

Hi JCorrell, I have multiple task groups in my board and they have related items, for example, the escalation group has relevant items on the same board under another group called EDP, so I want to reference these as one is an escalation and the other group is relevant tasks or programs. The link column only allows me to associated one other URL but in many cases I need to link multiple items (tasks or programs) on the same board, any ideas on how to do this?

@DavidGerrelli

You might consider using the connect board column instead.
It might be possible to use the standard monday automations to link the items:

“another board” can also be the SAME board.

If the connect boards columns work, but the automations won’t, you could take a looks at using Make (or similar) to create an custom process that will perform the way you need. You can find out more about Make here: What is Make & How can it help you with monday?

Jim - The Monday Man (YouTube Channel) Our latest vid: Reading REALLY Large monday Boards
We Create Custom Solutions
Schedule a 1-on-1 Tutorial Session (for monday, Make or “???”)