How do I successfully give users a 100% discount?

We’ve been giving nonprofits a 100% discount on our apps in an ad-hoc manner for a while.

Normally applying the discount is all I need to do and they figure it out, but for some this is still a little too complicated.

If I set a 100% discount for a 50 user plan, I imagine that the user still has to select the plan & “buy” the $0 amount. Is this a correct assumption?

We recently announced free subscriptions for nonprofits on our monday.com apps, so I want to actually get this right before things get complicated.

Cc: @Matias.Monday @hen

Hello @dvdsmpsn,

That is correct. Discounts are granted for a specific plan for a specific account.

The user will have to choose the specific plan for which the discount has been granted to in order to get it.

I have taken your feedback about this with our team so that it can be taken into account :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers,
Matias

@Matias.Monday thanks for the reply.

I have another question – How does an end user find out what the account_id for the instance is?

I can’t seem to find this anywhere without the user unfriendly approach of using the api playground / GraphQL.

Hello @dvdsmpsn,

There is no way for an end user to check their account ID in the UI or in the address bar.

Why do you need the users to give you the account ID. What’s the use case?

@Matias.Monday You need the account ID to apply a discount or extend a trial:

If they have no way to supply this to us themselves, the only way is to capture the account_id on app install webhook.

Hello @dvdsmpsn,

That is correct.

I see the issue. I will pass this to our team so that they can either make the account ID visible for end users, or give you the ability to input a slug instead of the ID in that tab.

In the meantime, if you need an account ID, you can send us an email to appsupport@monday.com with the slug of the account and we will give you the account ID so you can provide the discount.

Cheers,
Matias

1 Like

Thnx @Matias.Monday

1 Like

Glad to help @dvdsmpsn !

@Matias.Monday Better yet, is give us an interface within the app monetization section to see all the subscriptions/installs (including uninstalls with unexpired subscriptions), the account slug, plan, term, subscription (free/paid/trial/cancelled) status, renewal date, pricing version, and of course account ID. Then let us search/filter by these :slight_smile:

Then we can pick the account, and modify their subscription (grant a trial, discount, or even arbitrary “upgrade” until a certain date before it returns to the original plan)

1 Like

On that note, is there anything the users have to do if we grant them a new trial? I bring this up because we have in the past granted accounts a new trial, but their account still sends us a jwt showing they are on the free plan - it does not seem to automatically (or at least doesn’t immediately) apply the trial.

Hello @codyfrisch,

Sorry for the late reply!

I will open a request for what you suggested:

interface within the app monetization section to see all the subscriptions/installs (including uninstalls with unexpired subscriptions), the account slug, plan, term, subscription (free/paid/trial/cancelled) status, renewal date, pricing version, and of course account ID

Regarding the last question, users do not have to do anything once you give them an extension of the trial.

If you see this issue again (the JWT showing you an account not being in trial when they are), please send us an email to appsuport@monday.com so we can check that particular case and see if it is an isolated case or a general issue.

Cheers,
Matias

I have the case open for that issue - and several others. Its ongoing and seems universal for us where if we grant a trial the JWT never reflects it. Also other oddities, like the “trial_ended” webhook sends a payload showing the account is in a trial still! Also has a separate post.

https://community.monday.com/t/jwt-payload-subscription-does-not-reflect-the-account-monetization-status-webhooks-not-sent-i-a/57436

Hello @codyfrisch,

We will take a look from the tickets then!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Cheers,
Matias