How to filter items by column values for a specific group on a board

I need to pull data from a group in my board. The condition is that I have to filter items in this group by a specific item column value. I could figure out how to get all items belonging to a group on a board using this query:
{boards (ids:BOARD_ID_HERE) {
groups (ids: GROUP_ID_HERE) {items (limit:2) {
name created_at column_values{id title text}
}}}}

What would be the query for filtering the group items based on a column value?

Hello @rad1 and welcome to the community!

I hope you like it here :muscle:

You can’t combine the items_by_column_values method with the specification of a group.

What you can do is, for example, query for the items by a column value, and retrieve the group the item belongs to, and then do the filtering on your end with that information:

{
  items_by_column_values(board_id: 1234567890, column_id: "name", column_value: "Item 2") {
    id
    name
    group {
      id
      title
    }
  }
}

What do you think?

Hey @Matias.Monday ! Thanks for the suggestion. I have another follow up question, Can I use more than one column_id as a filtering condition on item ? For example, I have items with 2 columns “status” and “date”. Is there a way to get items with a particular status column value and date column value ?

Hello @rad1!

As of today, that can’t be done with one query.

You can create a items_by_column_values query for the status and another one for the date, and then compare the results to see which item IDs are repeated in both responses.

Let me know if you have any other questions :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers,
Matias