How to use monday.com for training your team on monday.com

Hello everyone,

I’m Pedro, I am a monday.com referral partner and project manager who supports companies implementing monday.com and providing consultation and training.

I just wanted to share how I use monday.com for training monday.com with one of my boards. I created it to onboard new team members in monday.com, and I hope it may serve as inspirations for others.

The training roadmap is planned to be used by each team member as his learning path with dedicated links to the relevant topics. Some of the tasks are completed during the training sessions and the rest are performed later by the person.

A long text column is added to be able to take his own notes. It also incorporates an estimated required time to abord each topic.

Each topic is categorized, so depending on the needs of the users the entry level should primarily focus in the Basic level, then Advanced and finally Master.

Learn the Basics
The learning path starts with a quick introduction to the basics of monday.com and the nomenclature that will need to be interiorized.

Boards, Groups and Items
This group covers the basics to start working with the projects, using groups and items, and managing the principles of collaboration.

Communicate and Collaborate
This section is focused in communication to acquire more knowledge about how notifications work, and to learn the essentials of how to collaborate efficiently with other teammates.

Organize your work
This is part of the advanced path in order to learn create filters, perform advanced searches and prioritize the own tasks.

Become a monday.com Master
This is a starting point to become a master in monday.com, it provides a link to the main resources in other to go deeper in the preferred area.

I hope it may serve as inspiration for onboarding your teammates in monday.com!

7 Likes

Amazing post @PedroM - thank you for sharing!! This looks like a great way to train new members on how to use the platform!!

Hi @PedroM

It’ll be great if you share your story at https://stories.monday.com/

Cheers!

Thanks Dan, yes I’ll do it!

@PedroM, do you have a link to where one can learn more about commissioning you for your services? I’d be interested in learning more. Thanks for the info!

Hi @Bhesch, yes of course. I’ve sent you a PM.

@PedroM This looks interesting, been thinking of setting up something like this for my team. We have quite a few that want to use Monday but are not quite sure how to get started.
Would you like to share this board and some of your guides? I work for a Swedish company so guides etc would need translating but Im just looking for somewhere to start everything. :slight_smile:

Hey @PedroM

I am also monday affiliate partner started to provide implementation services. I have a City that will use monday to utilize their processes and to have better transparency with its citizens. I am in a process of seting up their boards and thinking on how to proceedwith implementation. If you would like to give advice, share a board :slight_smile: I would be grateful.

Hi @nikolamujdzic,
Yes of course, I send you a PM and we can talk about it.

Hi Pedro - I would also be interested in learning about your services. Can you send me a link?
Thanks!

@PedroM , This might just be perfect for my company. Would you mind PM’ing me? I would love to talk with you about assisting us getting started with Monday and helping to develop our workflows and understand the platform better.

Thanks for sharing this.

Do you duplicate this and assign to each new team member?

How do you use this for multiple people.

Hi @Ben-ElecInn , you have two options:

1. To create a dedicated board per team member. You can use a template or automate the creation of it from another board changing and status.
  2. To share a common board for all the team members and just add a new column for each new team member that you can restrict the edition or the view.
  • This one may be simpler if you just want to check they have completed the training. The creation of a new column could be also automated using Make.
    Hope it helps.

Hi Pedro, I’d love to learn more about your training raodmap, would you be able to provide me a link? Thanks!