Import and export data into existing boards

Hello,

When does monday.com intend to expand their capabilities to include the ease of importing and exporting data via Excel spreadsheet for both new and existing boards? Most programs nowadays at least allow the ability to export existing columns into an Excel spreadsheet, turning into the template. Changes can be easily made by tabbing through various cells, copy/pasting, etc. and quickly imported back with the changes made. For all that monday can do, I am surprised this was not and still is not a standard feature. I must say, this is a huge barrier in really going “all in” with monday.com. Having to import into new boards each time (which have yet to be done perfectly without limitation) is a big time suck and really impedes productivity. The reason I utilized monday.com in the first place was to improve workflow efficiencies. This has really made me hesitant to fully embrace the program. If this highly useful feature could be rolled out sooner than later, I think a lot of us would throw a party. Is there an ETA on this?

Thanks for your assistance!

1 Like

Is this still something that you are needing? I’ve started working on an Excel based processor that will import data to existing sheets.

Good afternoon Jim!

Yes, the ability to import and export from Excel is still a needed must. What is this processor you mention?

image001.png

image009.jpg

image010.jpg

image011.jpg

image012.jpg

It’s just an Excel workbook with VBA programming using the monday API’s. I’ve got it working. But it’s still too complex for anyone else to use it. I’m hoping to have it to the point that anyone could use it in the next week or two.

If you would like to give me any particular features/abilities that you would need, I can see what I can do.

That’s great! Look forward to trying it out.

Thanks for keeping me in the loop!

Hi are you in a position to share any working Excel VBA? I’m also looking at creating boards from Excel so any pointers welcome!

Thank you