Importing to monday from excel

I was wondering if there is a way to import data from an excel sheet to a board, based on specific column values matching. For instance, Im missing a data piece that I need imported to monday. If I could import one field from the excel sheet and add it to an existing item based on a column from excel matching the value of one from monday, I would be elated. Does anyone know of such a tool?

Hello @tdmorin,

Check out the Toolkit app, it can do exactly that. You can literally copy a column from Excel and paste it directly into your monday boards.

1 Like

Thank you for the help. I just watched the video demo, which was one of the more thorough demos Ive seen on monday, so thank you for that, however, it doesnt look like it does quite what I need. I will certainly be using this tool for other applications though. The solution Im in need of is to have an app look up an item name (or in my case an ID number), then paste in another column an identifier status. The reason toolkit wont work is the excel sheet is not in the same order as my monday board, so it isnt as simple as copy paste. Hopefully that description makes sense.

1 Like

Hello @tdmorin,

Thanks for your reply.
If I correctly understand your use case, then I have another app for you :slight_smile: , that is the Duplicates and Uniques app.
After you import your data, you can run the merge functionality to look up existing values in selected columns of your choice and merge (update) those existing values.
Here is a demo of how the merge functionality works.

As always, if you need any help, you can always reach out to support@kolaai.com