Copy paste from Excel Column to Monday Column

Good day. I would like to copy a column from excel and paste it into a column in Monday.com. Is there any way to do this?

not that I’m aware of. This would be a very helpful function. I’d vote to have this.

2 Likes

let’s ask the team! how do we do that?

1 Like

you have my cote on this

this is the first thing I tried to do when I joined monday, seems that is should be easy since you can copy and paste the pulse names

1 Like

I’ve been able to copy one column from Excel into Monday but when trying to do the same in another column, it pastes all the information into the cell. Would love some help with this task, if anyone can help…

1 Like

@Julia-monday.com please take note of this request and pass along to developers. This is a key (and I assume fairly simple) update to functionality. We work with many Excel spreadsheets and need to be able to bulk copy-paste between Excel tables and Monday.com boards. It’s great that you can bulk paste into item names, but without the ability to also bulk paste into other associated columns like text and numbers, it severely limits the power of using Monday.com and Excel together. It’s also a huge time waster having to copy-paste data 1 field at a time. Thanks. FYI - there is a second feature request thread for this same topic: Copy/Paste into columns of numbers/text.

5 Likes

Thank you @hdurey
I will pass this request along to the relevant domain. Right now though, have you tried the import from Excel feature? I assume you have but wanted to check :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks. Yes, I have used the Excel import extensively. The problem is that I need to be able to bulk-copy-paste Excel data into items (and their associated fields) on existing boards / groups, and that need is not addressed by the Excel import function that can only import data into a new board.

3 Likes

Hi all! Thanks for the feedback on this, I appreciate you taking the time to highlight your current pain-points for this and we see the need. I will be sure to pass this along to our team and have them take a look for planning.

We appreciate the feedback :slight_smile:

Cheers!

1 Like

This is one of those things that I just tried to do because I’m used to being able to do it. But it doesn’t work outside the first column. Really decreases efficiency for me.

Hope you will consider adding this. Thanks!

2 Likes

any updates to this?

1 Like

Yes any update to this? I’d like to copy and past information into other columns.

1 Like

Hey, I also highly voting for this feature and it will be very helpful, as we can not always create a board from scratch for this function.
Is there any update on that? @mon

1 Like

This is a big deal for my boss. It’s also a big deal for trying to bring in large spreadsheets that have too many items or too many columns…if we could copy and paste columns, we could bring in the information more efficiently than writing third party code to bring the information in.

2 Likes

Hi there, I vote also for this kind of feature. very frustrating so far

1 Like

Hey everyone, I found this helpful:

It still doesn’t solve the pain of having to manually set a column of an already existing 1000 items

4 Likes

Would be great to add this feature.
Thanks

edit*
I used this as a work around https://support.monday.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005972689-How-to-Add-Many-Items-at-Once

What if you need to add data to other columns? @Mivelez

1 Like

Hi everyone!
It would be awesome if you can add this feature soon! :slight_smile:

2 Likes