Inclusion of hours in Timeline selection

Hi All, Can we confirm or deny the future viability of this feature please?
@Julia-monday.com @brett-monday.com

2 Likes

They are 1.25 years late on their subitem filtering product development estimate. Might be the worse development team Iā€™ve seen in such a funded (384 million) company. Adding time to a schedule is such a basic feature, this is pitiful.

@Julia-monday.com @brett-monday.com any news on the horizon?
This feature is essential to us.

I really need that functionality ! please give us an answer ! @brett-monday.com @Julia-monday.com

Hi all!

Firstly, we sincerely apologise for the delay in updating you all. We are working on a process to improve our responsiveness, so really appreciate your patience and understanding in advance.

As for this particular feature, I have followed up with our team as to whether this is a feature we are planning to support in the future. I will update here once we have an update :pray:

1 Like

Hi
This is also related, so please add your vote to this too: Start and end time in date column - #121 by IPM
Both of these treads have been sitting here for almost 3 years, so hope they can fix this asap or just give us the bad news so we can find a solution to this ourself.

And thanks for following up @BiancaT , but this has been done several times the last 2-3 years, so wondering why following up should be any different now?

3 Likes

Yes, this would be amazing. Please get this going Monday.com!

This mega simple feature would make a massive difference to functionality. Definitely need to have this added ASAP

2 Likes

I absolutely need this function also. Any update on this feature?

2 Likes

Hi @BiancaT and @Julia-monday.com , any update on if this is on the roadmap? Thank you!

Hi, any updates? As many already wrote we would also need this obvious featureā€¦ Thanks!

1 Like

I need a timeline per hours, better per quarter hours, to manage the day. As far as I can see, the current timeline is only working per days.

I come from the future looking for this feature, sadly here in the future is still not a thing. How can projects can be limited in days if some of my task last 2 ,3 4 hours etc?, to me, this is deal breaker.

4 Likes

Why is this not a thing yet? This would be so much more intuitive than using two columns for start and end dates. The timeline column could almost replace these entirely by implementing a ā€œAdd timeā€ just changing the ā€œSet datesā€ input field to accommodate hours/minutes as well.

Please, please add this feature.

3 Likes

When will the near future be here? :wink:

2 Likes

Any News vom Monday Team? A lot of people asked for this feature. Quite ashaming that this startet in 2019 and since now there is no final answer. Iā€™ve seen this multiple times now and all you get are empty promisses.

Im struggling to understand the difficulty of implementing this change. I doubt Iā€™ll renew my subscription if this isnā€™t resolved.

1 Like

I think the potential of this feature is undervalued. My industry is closely linked to logistics and dispatching. We have showed the companies we work with how this platform operates and there has been very positive feedback. We are required to dispatch to a certain extent and not having the ability to narrow the Timeline down to the hour reduces the functionality of the Timeline.
Please consider adding this.

3 Likes

This is absolutely ridiculous that they havenā€™t done anything on this yet. They obviously are not working on this, if they were, they are writing 1 line of code per year!

For our nonprofit there is a work section I am creating that is absolutely essential that has timelines that allow both widget and assigment to be in hours - since it is a single-day event management schedule, and putting the activities within the day makes no benefit whatsoever.

Is there any other method in the meantime like a plugin or integration that can do this but still show within monday.com?