Inconsistent Json behaviour

I’m getting an inconsistency in the performance of the JSON for the people column in an integration i’m creating in Zapier.

{“personsAndTeams”: [{“id”: 4679523, “kind”: “person”}]} IS working to assign a staff member to a new item in one of my zaps. The exact same format IS NOT working in another zap. Column Id appears correct. Zapier can’t help. Monday support have sent me here to problem solve.

I hope somebody can help.

Many thanks in advance.

Hey @JohnNaylor - welcome!

There’s a few things I’d like to check here to make sure we get you up and running as quickly as possible.

The first thing I’d like to check is if the column on your board is a ‘person’ column (which is now deprecated), or the newer ‘people’ column. The easiest way to check this would be go to your board on monday.com and try adding a second person to the column. If you can add more than one person - you are using the people column.

Could you please confirm which column you are currently using?

Another possible reason for the error could be that the person you are trying to add through the zap is not a subscriber to that current board. Could you confirm that user is subscribed to that particular board?

Look forward to hearing back from you!

-Daniel

Bullseye.

Thanks Daniel.

It was the person column rather than the people column. I had not picked up that there was a difference. After replacing the old for new all is working perfectly.

Thanks again.

John

@JohnNaylor Awesome! Let us know if you run into anything else.

-Daniel