Integromat Search Results Include Deleted Items

I’m using Integromat to update the values of existing items across boards within a given account.

When using the module “Search Items in the Board by Column Values”, the search results appear to include items that have been deleted.

I can’t see anywhere to force the module to exclude deleted items.

If I use the board and item ID’s in the URL, it displays the Update panel with the item name and a message that it has been deleted.

If I search the Recycle Bin for the item by name, it does not show up. Therefore I can’t permanently remove it.

Has anyone come across a similar situation, or have any ideas about how to resolve this?

I need to find a fix for this urgently. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Hi there @snicho :wave:

Thanks for reaching out to the community with this one, that does seem a little odd!

It seems like only the items_by_column_values has a State parameter in our API when querying:

I’ve just tried recreating the results you are getting in our API, and wasn’t able to do so. It seems to me like this might be an Integromat behavior - that said, could you please provide a screenshot of the way your modules are set up? I’d love to try and recreate this on my end.

I would also suggest asking Integromat’s support team about this one as well, perhaps they might have a good idea of how to approach this already.

-Alex

Hi @snicho, Stephen,

I am aware of one specific situation that you might see “deleted items” in a “Search Items in the Board by Column Values” query. When the item was not deleted as a single item but rather part of a group and that group is deleted, the item will still show up in the query. To avoid this (monday has confirmed to me that this is a known issues) you need to check the state of the group where the returned item belogns to. If that state is not “avtive” you need to ignore the item as it has been deleted.

Hi Alex,

The way that I’ve set this up is somewhat complex. However, the concept is fairly simple. I’m using a text column with a unique entry to index common items between boards.

I’m then updating items on a ‘slave’ board from a ‘master’ board, based on changes on the master board.

The one potentially unique aspect to this process is that it sometimes necessitates updating the item name. In this case that is how I identified this issue.

• Stephen

Hi Bas,

Thanks for your reply. In this instance the item that is noted as being deleted was not deleted as part of a deleted group.

At the same time, I can see that the Group value is different between the deleted item and the ‘live’ item. The deleted item shows the Group ID as ‘topics’; the live item has a Group ID of ‘new_group’.

However, this is not going to be consistent across all the board searches that I need to carry out prior to updating them from the master board.

• Stephen

I hope somebody from monday notices this and especially the fact that you see different groupIds. @dipro , is Stephen experiencing the same behavior as we discussed some time ago with reagrds to “deleted items” returned by items_by_column_values?

Hmm. I’m not sure where I go with this.

I can’t create a reliable scenario in Integromat because I have no way of know if the search results will include deleted items or not.

I can’t see any way of excluding these deleted items from the search results.

If I do identify the ID of a deleted item, I can display it within monday by using the URL, but it only retrieves a partial record to say that it is not accessible and therefore it can’t be removed.

The items are not visible in the Recycle Bin.

If I copy all the boards to new boards, that will ensure that will ensure that the search is targeting a new board ID and therefore no deleted records should be present.

Given the number of boards involved, that will be a laborious process. However, if it results in eliminating these “phantom” deleted items, then it might be the only solution.

My only concern then is if there is any potential for this issue to occur again, particularly as I don’t know how they may have been created in the first place.

1 Like