Integromat Timeline format

Hi Team,

I am facing some issue with my Integromat format for timeline. Currently, I will need to map my timeline value. However, I have tried to follow the suggestion from other similar topics posted here and unable to get the value right.

There are error after I run the integromat. Its due to the wrong timeline format in value. I have ensure that the column id is matched with monday board.

Are you able to share what are the correct format for timeline to be inputted?

I will need to change the “to” date value with “from” date + “duration”(number column).

Thanks,
Michael

1 Like

@michael3

The easiest way to do this is to go back up to the board and select the specific board that you are going to be updating then go back to the columns select the timeline column… once all that is done you can then go back and change the board to mapping and put back the Id reference if you want.

Jim - Subscribe to The Monday Man
Watch Our Latest Video: POWERFUL Item/Subitem Templates

1 Like

Hi Jim,

Yes agree. However, I am planning to create dynamic board ID and Item ID based on the column changes in the monday. Therefore, I am using a webhook to get the data from monday (board id , item id) → connect them to integromat API (list board item) → Filter the changes → update the column.

The purpose is to use a single scenario for multiple boards in monday.

I just stuck in the timeline format if the field is not populated. Do you have some idea about what the timeline format might be?

Thanks,
Michael

@michael3

Here’s a short video on how to do this:

Jim - Subscribe to The Monday Man
Watch Our Latest Video: POWERFUL Item/Subitem Templates

1 Like

Hey @michael3,

That’s a great question! To me, it seems like you are running into this issue because you are using escape characters within the values you are sending.

Based on my understanding (@Michaela_Staffova, please feel free to correct me), Integromat does this on their end for monday.com modules. So, you can just send the From and To as a JSON object:

This worked for me without issues. @JCorrell also pointed out a very interesting solution, I didn’t know you could do it that way with Integromat :slight_smile:

Let us know if this helps.

-Alex

1 Like

@AlexSavchuk

I’ve run into issues trying to deal with JSON in the past… guess I should have tried it again. :grin:

Jim

1 Like

@JCorrell

Oh, I can totally relate to that haha. It took me a while too, especially since different platforms or coding languages will require you to approach the formatting a different way.

Integromat also has a JSON module - I’ve seen users implement that in their scenarios in order to avoid dealing with formatting. Perhaps that could be a yet alternative way to tackle this.

-Alex

Hi Alex,

Yes, I manage to use the module from integromat to use the execute grapghQL and able to get what i wanted.

Regards,
Michael

1 Like

Hello hello hello guys! Hope everyone’s having a great November :fallen_leaf:

Thanks @AlexSavchuk for tagging me here :blush:

Soooo there are a few things I’d like to mention here

:one: It’s important to keep in mind that column ID does not change when you rename the column in the Monday UI. So even if your column ID is called “Planned Timeline”, the column ID still likely remains “timeline”.

:two: @michael3 There are some slight errors in the JSON format. It is jut good old {“from”:“2021-11-04”,“to”:“2021-11-07”} - no need to escape anything :slightly_smiling_face:

:three: Also, the JSON is actually not needed :innocent: If you select the column ID from the dropdown list and then turn on mapping, you should be able to enter your dates into the From and To field without having to deal with JSON while being able to map the column ID.

Because I’m slightly OCD and I like to give as much info as I can, I’m gonna leave the link to Integromat’s help doc about working with JSON in case anyone would like to check it out :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks so much for providing further info, @Michaela_Staffova! I can definitely relate to being slightly OCD :joy:

I appreciate your help here.

-Alex

1 Like

Happy to add my bit to the discussion @AlexSavchuk!

(Also happy that my OCD behaviour is accepted here, haha :sweat_smile:)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.