Interior Design + Construction Procurement Board Help

We are an interior design + construction company based in Australia, looking to get advice and/or assistance on the best Monday.com workflow and board set up to track our procurement process

We need to track the purchasing and procurement of items across multiple project

Multiple projects, within each project there are multiple purchase orders, and on each purchase order are multiple products that may have different ETA/lead times, so each product needs to be tracked

We need to track
which purchase order an item relates to
current status of the order
current ETA

There could be hundreds of products across a single project and ideally we would like to be able to view these across different views (eg. by category, and then by purchase order)

Thanks in advance!

Hey @dunneinteriors, welcome to the monday.com forums!

This sounds like an interesting project and I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you further. Our team at CarbonWeb has been taking on new projects with the intention of tailoring solutions component-by-component to fit our community partner’s needs. I’d be happy to have an initial consultation sometime next week to see how we may be able to help: Consultation - Ricky

Good luck as you continue working with monday.com!

Best regards,

Ricky Tomer

VP of Sales
Carbon Web Print, LLC
Schedule Consultation | Website
Phone: 440-462-7743 | Email : ricky@carbonweb.co

Hi @dunneinteriors! Welcome to the monday community!

your described workflow can definitely be accomplished within monday.com and I would love to discuss the opportunity to work together and build your automated purchase order workflows.

I have worked with quite a few small and mid-size design & build / construction companies on workflows for project management, inventory management etc… and I think we would be a great fit to work together.

I am based in San Diego Ca but have worked with clients from Australia in the past with good success and with proper planning and expectations the timezone difference has not been an issue.

You can schedule a call here to discuss more: Calendly - Tim Little

I look forward to hearing from you!
Best!

Hi Sam,
What you are wanting done is well within my area of expertise and I would be happy to help you out on this.
You can reach me on andrewjohnson56782@gmail.com
Best Wishes,
Andrew