Introducing: My Focus - the new answer for working productively

Introducing: My Focus

Managing your day to day and reaching a good work life balance is nothing short of challenging. Without solid planning, things can become quickly chaotic and affect your productivity - we’ve been there! This is why we’ve created: My Focus

What is My Focus?

My focus is a personal area for each user that is all about empowering the individual to manage life and work tasks, reduce stress, and help increase focus. It is comprised of 3 main parts:

1. My schedule - Sync an external calendar and monday.com tasks to create a master calendar. All of your tasks, personal and professional, will show up in one centralized place. You have the ability to slot tasks from monday.com into the calendar to create an organized, manageable schedule. The tasks will sync back to your external calendar.

2. My items - This feature is similar to the current, My Week, with the goal of giving context to best manage your day. Quickly reference, What is overdue? Due today or this week? and so on.

3. Mindset - This feature offers a set of questions (check-ins) that are triggered at a certain time period. For example, every day at 9:00 am, you will receive a question “What is your goal for today?” and at 5:00 pm you’ll get “What did you achieve today?”. This is a private space to slow down, set a goal, and define success for yourself. Questions are entirely customizable - consider Mindset to be a personal moment to focus your day and hold yourself accountable.

How do I access My Focus?

This feature will be fully released in the coming weeks. We’re still working out the kinks and gather feedback from an initial alpha group. Stay tuned!

You can expect to see this feature available on the web browser, however it was designed for primary use on the mobile app. As the work environment is changing, we wanted to offer the ability to establish focus and create structure from anytime and anywhere.

On your app, select the menu at the top left of the screen > Select My Focus from the drawer. Once selected, you will see the various sections across the top as individual tabs. Select the calendar to sync your external calendar, My Items to view items, etc.

What’s next?

We want your feedback! Given that this is a very new feature, we’d love to hear your thoughts! Please comment below or send us an email to let us know what you think or any ideas you have for improvement!

4 Likes

Hi @Lucy-monday.com
I Cant see it on my Android Monday App 4.27.0
when i look for updates, there arent…

Hi @Lucy-monday.com, I do not see this new feature in the mobile app. I am running the ios app version 4.6 (200416.1834). Should I update? Normally I recieve a push notification from Testflight. Thanks

How do i view My Focus in the web browser?

1 Like

This sounds like it could alleviate some of the pain points around My Week. Like others here, I don’t see My Focus in the web browser or the Android app, despite refreshing both.

@Lucy-monday.com please, can you see if this is really avaliable in Android or other platforms? i see trouble in others too.

@Lucy-monday.com I am also confirming that I do not see the My Focus drawer in the app. Monday.com Version 4.8 (200505.1301) on iPhone iOS 13.4.1

Could someone assist us?

Hi There @hlopezvc, @Adrian, @TheOtherPM, @Jaewoo, @Eltjo -

Thanks for your interest in trying out My Focus.

We are currently in release only to our alpha community for mobile. Stay tuned! This will soon be out of testing and feedback gathering and ready for full release! Thanks for staying current and excited about our upcoming releases.

-Lucy

If its only for sub-set of alpha users. I do not think it should be announced on a public community forum. But rather quietly through Monday Labs to only the alpha users. Otherwise it creates confusion for the general public like myself, who are eagerly willing to try out the new features.

Or at least mark it as “Coming Soon:” instead of “Introducing:”

7 Likes

Hi @Lucy-monday.com, is there any way to disable this news feature?
In some cases is very annoying.
Thanks

@Lucy-monday.com Is reorganizing your day a part of this? I find one big challenge for our team is seeing everything due today, tomorrow, this week but not being able to prioritize “today” by dragging + dropping or organizing the tasks in the order you’re going to do them.

1 Like

Is there any movement on this? It seems like it would be a useful feature - especially on web.