Is it possible to save a board as a custom template?

Hi - I’m a newby to Monday.com here. I’m wondering if there is a way to create a board that can be duplicated and used for new projects. We do logo and website design projects often and I’d like to have a board that we can use as a template.

Hello @lisamdye,
Yes, of course. Click on the three dots on the top right part of your board and you’ll find the option.

Hope it helps,

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help :grinning:

Good to know. I always achieved this by duplicating existing boards. :slight_smile:

Yes that’s the case for me too. I find that easier.

Hi, i’m getting this when im trying to save the board as template.

1 Like

Did you resolve this issue? I’ve run into it as well.

@AZQA, It shouldn’t be shareable board. I just changed the board type here:

OK thanks. I saved as a template, but now can’t find it. I’ll check out some docs on that.

Is anyone else still having the issue where the Template option is not available from the board menu? My board is set as Main and still I don’t have the ability to save as a Template. I’ve been coming back and refreshing hoping there was a bug, but it’s been weeks and still this option isn’t showing for any of my boards.

Hey @loren.wilson_bridg - Check to make sure the board permissions are set to “Edit Everything”. It can’t become a template unless it’s a Main board with Edit Everything permissions.

Hey @loren.wilson_bridg, @PolishedGeek is right—you would have to be sure to “Edit Everything” in this instance. If you’re still having trouble saving as a template, feel free to write in to us at support@monday.com :slight_smile:

Is there a way to edit said template that will update boards that you’ve created with the template?

I’ve created quite a few boards using a template and now I need to add a new formula column…

Hey @USIkira, thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

At the moment, there’s not a way to edit the template in a way that will update the boards with the changes you’ve made, unfortunately—the way to go would be to add the formula column manually to each of the boards.

Hi @USIkira - This is coming later in 2021: “master templates”. The feature will be available for Enterprise plans only, however. If you would like to learn more and be kept in the loop about this feature, let’s chat. You can book a time with me here so I can better understand your use case: Book a call with Polished Geek: Do more with monday․com

~ Deb Cinkus
Product-certified Partner

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.