Is there a way to limit the number of boards shown when selecting a board for an automation?

When creating an automation, say one that creates a new item on another board, I find that I need to go through EVERY board I have access to in order to select one. Perhaps its just my own thought process, but my assumption would be that the initial set of boards shown would just be those in the same workspace. Is there a way of limiting the choices to only those in the workspace? Scrolling is only part of the issue. I don’t remember the names of every board in my workspaces, and I can’t get back to see the names without losing all of the progress I made towards creating the automation rule.

Hi @rhoran
I don’t think you can definition the order or limit the boards. You can however type part of the name of the board to make scrolling easier.

1 Like

The problem is I don’t always remember the name, so then I need to go back and look, and doing so means losing all my work in progress, plus having to find the automaton template I was using again.

Hi @rhoran :wave:

As @basdebruin mentioned, it’s not currently possible to limit the boards shown here.
I would second his suggestion to search for the board by typing in it’s name.

That said, I do definitely see how this feature is somewhat counterintuitive at present.
I can appreciate how this would be a useful addition to the platform for yourself, and I’m sure for other teams too, so I would highly recommend opening a thread in our Feature Request section.
Here other users who would also like this added to the platform will be able to upvote the feature!
You can find this here: Submit an Idea - monday Community Forum

Best,
Dani

1 Like

I created a feedback post - thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.