Library check in / check out books system

Our department is looking to create a library with a list of books to share with each other. We want to develop a check in and check out system, so that owners of books can post what books they have to loan, and can keep track of the books people have borrowed from them and the date it was borrowed. I’m curious if anyone has done something like this, developed a good template, or has any good ideas about how this might look. Thank you!

5 Likes

I am also interested in a similar use case - my organization has a large amount of tools and equipment for volunteers to use for their work days, and we want a way to keep track of all that inventory and know, for example, how many ladders we have in total and how many are out in the field right now, as well as where they’re stored in our sheds. Having a Monday board would be great for the inventory part of this, but I don’t know how to build the “check-in, check-out” system either.

2 Likes

I am also interested in something like this. Our organization has items available for staff to reserve for use at events (think - banners, tables, canopies) as well as non-returnables like swag/ brochures - would love a template or ideas on how to set up a board that both tracks inventory, who has what, and to see a calendar/availability so folks can reserve them for future use. Has anyone created something like this using a Monday board?

Did you consider using QR codes for tracking inventory on you monday.com boards? Triggerly is a QR tracking app that can help with that. Here is a how to use document.

I’m trying to use it to manage my physical files, a kind of Library Management System (LMS) but I can’t find a recipe that switches between states (borrowed file, in-stock file) Can you help me?