Linked Tasks Will Mark Subitem it Was Created From as Done, Too

I have a Receiving Board and a Daily Game Plan board. On the Receiving board, each individual shipment is listed as it comes through our doors. Add’l tasks needing to be done on that shipment are added as subitems on it - i.e. fold t-shirts, label books, etc.

I have an automation that duplicates that subitem onto the Daily Game Plan board and links the two boards. The warehouse staff views the Daily Game Plan board on a large TV in the warehouse and know which tasks are assigned to them. When they have finished that task, then they will mark it as Done.

I cannot figure out an automation recipe, however, that marks the linked subitem on the Receiving board as Done when the warehouse worker marks the item as Done on the Daily Game Plan board. I don’t want them to have to mark Done in both places. I’m trying to make it as easy as possible for the warehouse peeps.

Anybody have a recipe to make that happen?

@SpreadsheetNinja

Is there a reason you aren’t using a mirror column for this?

Jim - The Monday Man
:magic_wand: Update Magic #1 New update enhancement toolbox
:magic_wand: Column Magic :sparkles:– The magical columns toolbox
We Create Custom Apps, Integrations & Automations for monday

Duh! Thank you for that great idea! Per your suggestion, I implemented a mirror column on my board. It totally works but it requires an extra step when an item is created - selecting the task on the linked board that the mirror column is mapped to. I’m trying to automate as much as possible so that the basic warehouse employee doesn’t have to think or mess anything up or be trained on anything really. I’m new to these more detailed functions of Mon.com, too, so I personally am trying to figure out the best way to accomplish what needs to happen on these boards.

@SpreadsheetNinja,

You might want to look into recipes like these…

Just go into the automation center and search on “connect”.

Jim - The Monday Man
:magic_wand: Update Magic #1 New update enhancement toolbox
:magic_wand: Column Magic :sparkles:– The magical columns toolbox
We Create Custom Apps, Integrations & Automations for monday