Maintenance for vehicle fleet solution required

Hi, maybe someone could help me build this board, i have posted recently in general caster topic but i havent found a solution to get the desired result. So here it goes.-

In our company we have a large list of vehicle fleet, so we need Monday.com to:

1. Our operators complete a pre-use check form reporting the vehicle kilometers.
  2. We need to automatically track the next maintenance service by kilometers.
  3. And we need to get alerts when some vehicle kilometers is near to target service kilometer.

Actually we have a board where every form goes in with the pre-use checklist and km value, like this:

I have previously tryin the Rollup Multiple Boards APP by @basdebruin to get in a resume board the next information:

VEHICLE ID - ACTUAL KILOMETERS (it will be the highets or MAX value recorded) -

But with this app i can recover only one parameter (ex. one vehicle), and it will be forcing me to build a board for every vehicle (so this will become multiple forms for every vehicle for every board)… and that is not viable.

I posted on the @Nir-Jetpack monday board for this case, Vlookup App but there is no workaround for this…

So, when subitems and general caster app appear i think my problems was solved but im far from this… for this try i build a new board where:

EVERY PULSE WILL BE A VEHICULE
EVERY SUBITEM WILL BE A CHECKLIST FOR EACH VEHICLE
IN A SUBITEM COLUMN THERE WILL BE A NUMBER COLUMN FOR KILOMETERS
IN THE PARENT ITEM WILL BE A RESUME COLUMN WITH THE MAX VALUE (actual KM).
IN THE PARENT ITEM I WILL HAVE A TARGET KILOMETERS FOR NEXT SERVICE.
AND WITH GENERAL CASTER I SHOULD MAKE A FORMULA FOR CHANGE A STATUS AND MAKE A NOTIFICACION WHEN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ACTUAL KM AND TARGET KM WILL BE LESS OF 500 km.

So this was posted on general caster forum:

And for now looks like this app doesnt work with subitems or resume subitems on parent item. The formula column works OK and reads the max value from a subitem number column, and i can get a title like “SERVICE APPROACHING”, but then my options are:

• COLORING THE FORMULA RESULT
  • FILTER OR MAKE A EXTERNAL SHARE-VIEW WITH FILTERS APPLIED.

But i cannot change a status, and make a notificacion to the vehicle responsable.

The idea of this, is that Monday.com to be working for us, and not us to be searching on monday.com board when we have to do some services. We have a lot of vehicles in use.

Thanks…

1 Like

Hi @hlopezvc

I think you might want to consider adding Integromat to the mix. I am sure General Caster guys will fix it by adding a new recipe or something. I know that getting yet another tool in the mix is a pain, but Integromat is worth it (at least, knowing what it can do).

As far as I understood you want to something like this:

• when value of “Formula” is X, set Status 1
  • when value of “Formula” is Y, set Status 2
  • etc.

Then using Integromat you can achieve that by setting up a trigger for a “Formula” column change, then use Filters to route between values (value=X or value=Y), and then update the respective status.

Here is a good example done for Gmail, but the logic is the same - they use filters to separate between different values and do various actions.
https://www.integromat.com/en/academy/tutorials/how-to-use-filters-to-specify-what-type-of-data-is-sent-to-a-particular-route/

Feel free to ping me if you want details.

Hello! Did you find a solution for these requirements? I’m running into the same.

Do you know if the app you are using has an open API? If it does- you could create an integration that would allow you to pull the data from the vehicle and place it in your monday boards, and you could then set automations that respond to the maintenance triggers