Merge items or conversation bubbles

Hi,

Through some of our automations we sometimes inadvertently have duplicate items created. Is there a way to merge 2 items with the exact same columns etc or even just a way to combine the conversations so we can delete one of the duplicate items but maintain the conversation history?

thanks!

1 Like

Hey @czabbal, good question!

There isn’t a way to merge 2 items or combine conversation history at the moment, I’m afraid. You could move some of the duplicates to a different board and “@ mention” the duplicate items using their names in the updates section in the original board.

Feel free to let me know what you think and feel free to write in to support@monday.com for help with your particular workflow!

Any update on this feature? Why this hasn’t been added that we can have an automation that if email address matches combine items?

2 Likes

Hey @doribak, no updates on this feature—it’s not on the roadmap at the moment! That being said, I like the idea about the automation, and I would recommend submitting it as a feature request here :blush: Submit an Idea - monday Community Forum

1 Like

Haval… i don’t understand why it’s not up on the list

There is currently a way to merge duplicate items in monday.com using the Duplicates and Uniques app. It has several merge features that gives you the opportunity to merge your duplicates just the way you want.

You can read more about it in the community post here

If you have any other questions, you can reach us at support@kolaai.com

Hi All!

As @kolaai mentioned, while we don’t have the internal capabilities to merge duplicate items together, it sounds like Duplicates and Uniques might help you achieve what you’re trying to do with monday.com.

Do note that the Duplicates and Uniques app was not developed by the monday.com team. As such, we don’t have any control over its functionality – and do not provide support for setting it up. Our team has reviewed it against our security and privacy guidelines, but we cannot fully certify it.

If you do want to try it out, I’d recommend checking out the app details in the marketplace here: The monday apps marketplace. You can review the app’s documentation (and applicable privacy policies) and install it if you choose.

To learn more about security in the monday apps marketplace, check out this article: Understanding apps marketplace security

I hope that’s helpful!

Cheers,
Jenna​

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.