Managing duplicates on monday sales CRM 🙂

Okay lets talk about duplications :exploding_head:

Let’s begin by talking about why your duplications need to be managed, and then we’ll explain how to do so :slight_smile:

As most of you know, duplicates can be a problem when managing your workflow because they can cause confusion and make it difficult to track and manage your customer interactions and data accurately.

For example, if you have multiple records for the same customer, you may not be able to determine which record is the most accurate or up-to-date. This can lead to confusion and misunderstandings when communicating with customers or trying to track their interactions and history with your business.

Additionally, duplicates can lead to problems with data integrity and analysis as duplicates can skew your results and lead to inaccurate conclusions.

Overall, it is important to identify and remove duplicates to ensure that your workflow is as effective as possible and that you’re able to accurately track and manage customer interactions and data.

So now that we’ve spoken about the why - here is an link explaining how to do so.

We would love to know if anyone has suffered from duplications and if this has helped :heart_hands:

1 Like

but it does not add the content… it just deleted the duplicates…
added a loom

maybe you can help?

Hello @elkemoshel ,

Thank you for the info about the duplicate functionality in the Sales CRM.

Also, if anyone is looking for a full-fledged duplicate managment system that can be used in any monday product and in the monday core product itself, which can automatically handle (merge, mark, delete, move) duplicates, they can check out the Duplicates and Uniques app.

Here is a community post which further describes the app.
@Michaleiba you can check it out. It does exactly what you are looking for.

If you have any questions about the app, you can always reach out at support@kolaai.com

Hi Alfred, thanx but this still doesn’t help me.
I already found a way to see may duplicates now I want to merge them without loosing data… and that I could not find

Hello @Michaleiba ,

The Duplicates and Uniques app can merge in the way you want.
Here is a demo of the merge function in action.

For your use case, when setting up the merge, you can select “Join” for the “describe issue” column and specificy a separator. This will join all the duplicates for that item with the specified separator.

Hope this helps :slight_smile: . Always available to help at support@kolaai.com

ok I see it now! Thanx! will check it out for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would be nice to have an automation that can detect duplicates based on any column.
Once the automation gas detected a duplicate, it can display a “!” icon on the item line.

1 Like

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you know that tomorrow at 11am EST we are having an event all about our sales CRM hosted by monday.com sales CRM lead product manager! You will learn all about why this product was created, how you can use it, and get your questions (like this one answered!) You don’t want to miss this. Register here!

Yes, this would make so much sense rather than having to manually check for duplicates periodically? Does anyone know if there has been progress towards this idea ever since?

Thanks

Hi from Paris,

I think it is so chocking for an native CRM to not be able to detect duplicates with a color or with a note from Monday.
In sales, it is very common to have duplicates as sometimes many sales persons are in a relation with a unique contact or account; and many times we see duplicates.
In monday it is impossible to detect it unfortunately as we have to dot it manually.
I hope the Monday.com teams will be able to hear that form the many users.

1 Like