Mirrored Status automations

Unless I have missed it, I was hoping if this is something that can be implemented. I have mirrored status on a high level board and would like to set automations based of the status mirrored to trigger a certain or a set of actions to avoid having to use updates or manual tasks (usually to move the item into a new group or notify a person column).

Is this in the works? It would be really helpful. Thanks

Hi. I have a board which includes mirror columns. I want to use one of the mirror columns (project phase) to trigger a group change within the same board. Needless to say that the groups I have in the mirrored board is not the same groups as when the mirrored column is coming from. In simple terms, when I want to generate a new automation, I do not see the mirror columns.

2nd question. Maybe I can copy a mirrored column to another non mirrored column within the same board? how please?

Thanks so much,
David

I have set up some boards with these automations. I am able to use Mirror columns (that show status on another board) to trigger automations on this board. I had to explore and experiment A LOT to find, unravel, and get this to work. When I have shown others how I’ve set this up, they are still not able to…

How did you make this work, I dont seem to be able to select mirror column no matter what I do

I cannot see the mirrored columns either…

Hi all - there are a limited number of stock automations that will support mirror columns, mirror columns also cannot be used with custom automations. The list is as follows:

• When status changes from something to something else, notify someone
  • When status changes to something start time tracking
  • When status changes to something, stop time tracking
  • When status changes to something, set due date to current date plus some days
  • When status changes to something, set due date to current date
  • When status changes to something, start time tracking. When it changes to something stop
  • When status changes to something, create an item in board
  • When status changes to something, change another status to something (Note: mirrored status supported as trigger. Supports mirror columns of subitems)

There could be more available at this time, but this is the most up to date list that I am aware of.

Hope this helps
Mark

Hi @Jake_Gro, thanks for this suggestion but did you use any app tp achieve this? This would be really helpful

I did not use an app for this.

Not sure if you have been able to resolve this @BNBLEATHER @Lindjacob . I reached out to monday, they provided me with a list of numbers to enter in the automation center and will pull up the respective automations that can work with mirror columns. See below.

Okay thank you Anthony.
I have decided to build a backend to create more advanced automizations :slight_smile: