Mirrored column automation

Hi forum,

This is my first time here, but i recently been having some troubles with monday.com
Let’s start by this problem;

I have a board in which there is a “connected board” column. This connected board column has some mirrored columns attached to it. From which there is one “status” column.
I really would like to use this status column as a trigger for automations. But every time i start an automation and do the simple; When STATUS changes to SOMETHING → THEN DO THIS, it doesn’t show the option for mirrored columns.

The problem is that the status i want to use does not appear (which is probably because it’s a mirrored column). Is there a work around? Or is this a function that simply doesn’t exist in Monday.com?

Pleasseee help. I have send several feedback messages to Monday.com to add this function but haven’t heard anything yet.

1 Like

Hi @Mostra,

There are a limited number of stock automations that will support mirror columns, mirror columns also cannot be used with custom automations. The list is as follows:

• When status changes from something to something else, notify someone
  • When status changes to something start time tracking
  • When status changes to something, stop time tracking
  • When status changes to something, set due date to current date plus some days
  • When status changes to something, set due date to current date
  • When status changes to something, start time tracking. When it changes to something stop
  • When status changes to something, create an item in board
  • When status changes to something, change another status to something (Note: mirrored status supported as trigger. Supports mirror columns of subitems)

There could be more available at this time, but this is the most up to date list that I am aware of.

Hope this helps!
Mark

1 Like

Hey there!
Try using Autoboost :slight_smile:
What you can do is take that mirrored status and put it into a normal status coulmn and then use the automation on that normal status column. Let me know if you need any help with that.

This seems like a good option, i have downloaded Autoboost, how would i set up this command?

No clue what formula i have to put in

Hey hey,
If you would like, i can give you some hands on help.
Lets set up a short call and ill try to help.

I figured it out thanks Shaul for the autoboost tip. Works pretty good! I just set the mirrored status column to a normal status column using; when COLUMN1 change, apply a formula and set result to COLUMN2.
All i had to do was, click the auto populate field in the “formula” spot.
Thanks Shaul!

Nice!
Let me know if you need any help,
Best,

Hi everyone,

Did you know that VLOOKUP app can help you link your mirrored status column to a regular status column on the same board or even across multiple boards?
And the best part is you can then use Automation on the new status column!

Here’s a step-by-step tutorial on how to use automation on a mirrored column using VLOOKUP.

If you need any assistance with VLOOKUP, don’t hesitate to contact our dedicated support team at appsupport@jetpackapps.co. Our team is always happy to help you with any queries or concerns.

Regards,
Cherryl

Hi there - I’ve spent a few hours trying to get this recipe to work, but it doesn’t. Does it only work with certain column types? I tried it with a mirror column that is a person and also a status and then the result column is a status. Nothing. If the result column is a status, do you need to have that prepopulated with options?

Hi there - I don’t see any of these recipes working with mirror columns. Can you tell me where these are located?

Hi there - by “auto-populate” field, do you mean you picked the field in the list of options in the formula box?

Hi @NancyS! Inbar from the Autoboost team here :blush:

Is this mirror status column connected to one board or more?
Currently, Autoboost only supports copying mirror columns connected to a single board.

Hi all,

i really need this automation to work too. When i install Autoboost and select the ‘When mirror column changes, apply a formula and set the result to column’…

I can’t select any mirror columns. why is this? please help

i have only connect 1 board with another, no other connections