Moncli Version 1.2 Release

Good day Monday Community,

We at Trix Solutions are please to announce the official release of our Moncli v1.2 Python client! With this release, we have achieved parity with ALL features available via the Monday.com API.

New features include (but are not limited to):

• Add and remove a user from a workspace.
  • Add and remove teams from a workspace.
  • Change simple column value on an item.
  • Change the title of a column.
  • Change the name of an item.
  • Retrieve a subitem’s parent item.
  • Location and Dependency column values are now supported.
  • Support for all Webhook event types

We look forward to engaging with the community regarding issues, feedback, or additional features that they wish to see moving forward. Please feel free to reach out to me at andrew.shatz@trix.solutions for more details!

Also, be on the lookout for Moncli v2! This version will be released at the end of this month and will contain goodies that will BLOW YOUR MIND! :exploding_head:

Happy coding everyone!

Andrew at Trix Solutions

2 Likes

@andrew.shatz

Wow, this is pretty awesome! Thanks so much for sharing your solution with the community yet again, and making the life of Python developers that much easier :slight_smile: So intrigued by v2, since this is already quite mind-blowing :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Have an awesome day, and I am looking forward to seeing the v2 already.

-Alex

Hi Andrew!
I have an issue when I am trying to create a new board:
ValueError: could not convert string to float: ‘api_key here…’
It seems to me that you may have a bug.

The bug related with “client.create_board(board_name, board_kind)” arrises when the method “client.api_key_v2 = api_key” is used.
When the preferred method (moncli.api.api_key = api_key) is used everything works great.

Thanks for a great framework!

1 Like

Hello @fintechboy and welcome to the community!

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, for you are indeed correct there is a bug. We will look at this promptly.

In the future, please feel free to submit any bugs you find as issues on our Github repo.

Thanks again for your excellent feedback and happy coding!

Andrew

Hi @andrew.shatz ,

Hope you’re well!

Do you know whether the upcoming changes to the monday.com API will be accounted for within Moncli??

For example, I think the get_items_by_column_values method currently uses the “items_by_column_values” query, which if I understand correctly will stop working in January.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Gabriel