Monday.com Answers: How to export and print the Gantt

Hey guys! Many people are asking about exporting our brand new Gantt chart so I thought I would explain how to do it!

To export the Gantt View to excel, open up the Gantt View and click the 3-dot menu at the top right-hand corner or the view. Next, click “Export to Excel”, like we’ve done in the image below.

Tip: Make sure to click the view’s 3-dot menu, and not the board’s, which is located at the very top of the board in the upper header.

Now, you can print the Gantt View that you have just exported right from Excel! Currently, you cannot print the Gantt View directly from monday.com, so make sure to export it first.

To export the Gantt Widget to Excel, head over to your dashboard and click the little Excel icon on the top-left corner of the widget. Once you have exported the widget, you can print it directly from Excel.

5 Likes

Hi, The Export to Excel is easy to use. But frankly, it is very poor version of Gantt compared to what we view in Monday.com The “Print Board” feature print/save Gantt to pdf but problem is it only shows top part of Gannt and if it is big Gantt chart, cannot print/save whole Gantt chart in 1 pdf file.

11 Likes

Couldn’t agree more with the other reply.

Monday is absolutely amazing in what it can provide for your business!
Its only flaw is you cant print the Gant chart you see in the browser, I cant believe that of all the things it is the one simple task.

A client said to me after showing them Monday “its like buying a Ferrari only to pop the bonnet and find a lawn mower engine in it”

14 Likes

Any feedback on this one? Seems like a massive over site to not allow customers to export to anything other than a pretty shoddy Excel. A bit disappointed that I purchased an annual license if I am being honest. Unable to prepare PPT reports for my CIO is a way that can be presented outside of Monday.com

6 Likes

Any update on this? I havent seen a reply to the original request from May, it would be great if there was at least some sort of response this request, anything at all…

5 Likes

hi,

When I was in the trail period I was able to create a link from the Gantt chart which is a great to share with clients.

https://view.monday.com/embed/1582800869-67b54b2df312e813ecf05ae956dd3183?r=use1

I can not find this feature now. Can you please let me know what I need to do to get it back?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Adam -

To get a sharable link to a gantt chart, hover on the “Gantt” button at the top of the page, click on the three dots (…), and select “Share settings.” In the pop-up window you should be able to copy a sharable link or the embed code.

It’s not an exported PDF like you can get from Smartsheets but it’s better than the exported Excel gantt chart.

Hope this helps.

Mark

1 Like

Still no actual feedback on exporting to pdf or even ppt. Can someone from Monday respond or do they sell you that Ferrari with the lawn mower engine and then not even service it?

4 Likes

So what happened to the export Gantt to Excel option? I don’t see it where your mini-tutorial says it should be.

Hi @Gys - It got promoted to its own place in the toolbar - Image 2021-12-10 at 8.35.17 AM

Welcome to the community!

~ Deb Cinkus, PMP
Certified monday․com Partner
CEO & Principal Consultant, Polished Geek

Book a Consultation with a monday․com expert: https://meet.polishedgeek.com/more-with-monday

:houses: Want to chat live with other monday․com fans & users?
Join our unofficial community chat on Discord: The Monday Neighborhood

1 Like

Awesome, thanks. I found it earlier this week, as I never saw your reply until today.

1 Like

Why is my gannt chart so truncated and small? It is truncated in my view while I’m working on it and also when I have shared the link. I see other people’s in this thread where it is full screen, but even when I press “full screen” only changes a fraction of the size. I can view other people’s link and it is not truncated (like AdamWright’s link below.) So it’s not my browser.

Here’s an example of mine: Gantt

Please advise.

1 Like

Did you do something special to get your Gant chart to be full screen in your link? Mine is very truncated. But when I view your link it is not truncated. So it’s not my browser. Here’s an example of what I mean.

Why is my gannt chart so truncated and small? It is truncated in my view while I’m working on it and also when I have shared the link. I see other people’s in this thread where it is full screen, but even when I press “full screen” only changes a fraction of the size. I can view other people’s link and it is not truncated (like AdamWright’s link below.) So it’s not my browser.

Here’s an example of mine: Gantt

Thanks

1 Like

Adding here the need for a aesthetically pleasing solution to a Gantt Chart export.

Exporting to excel is really not an acceptable solution.

Considering the Gantt Chart is a well established project management tool, its strange to see that Monday doesn’t offer something that we can quickly export and send to our teams.

Would love some focus on this topic from the company!

8 Likes

Any update on being able to export the full Gantt view to a PDF or even a PNG?

2 Likes

Hi @AdamWright, I clicked on your link and your tasks and associated bars on the timeline look like they are much closer together than mine. Can you let me know you change the spacing?
Thanks!

1 Like

I am actually a bit embarrassed by this complete oversight on Monday’s part. I budgeted and pushed for Monday.com, not realizing there was no way to PDF or print a GANTT chart, I rarely use them. But I have users who are trying to get a workable GANTT chart and I have to tell them the only option is some kindergartners version of a GANTT chart in Excel. That Excel exported GANTT chart is horrendous and I am trying to be nice here and not say how I really feel about it. Monday you have to do better, please get this resolved as soon as possible.

4 Likes

Hi Adam,
This is very good thank you!! This may well get me over the massive hurdle of Monday.com not providing a pdf output.
However! The name of the board disappears when I share the link, so the client won’t know what he/she’s looking at!
Any workaround for this?

PS. Not impressed with Monday.com so far.
Cheers

1 Like

We’ve now reached 2023 and there is still no update on this from @monday-team
This is a pretty important issue that could use some resolving.

3 Likes

@CharlieFacade @Micahmay76 @isanchez @AlichiaS @Alexvim @rexx @Gys @devontrew

Make sure to vote for this issue to be resolved so that it can be focused and added to the pipeline queue

https://community.monday.com/t/print-gantt-chart/14538

2 Likes